17- Debt

Tyler's POV

I was scared at the sight of all the blood, but I didn't know what I could do. The battle was inside Josh's head, so there's not much I can do from out here. I heard a cracking sound behind me, so I whipped around and saw a long vertical crack running the length of the mirror. Josh must be doing pretty well, because Blurryface is being weakened.

The guys have to get out, one of them might have an idea on what to do right now, unlike me. I ran over to the mirror. The guys' voices were a little louder now.

"Keep trying, you're getting close!" I shouted.

I heard muffled replies, but I couldn't quite make out what they were saying. I heard a thud on the other side of the mirror and more cracks fractured off from the main one. The cracks kept increasing with each hit.

I took a few steps back from the mirror, unsure of what was going to happen when it does finally break. I looked back over at Josh; his hair was now mostly red with streaks of purple running through it. Does that mean Blurry is leaving him?

I hear a loud smash and there was a flash of light. Whipping back around, I saw the three guys tumbling out of the mirror frame, arguing and yelling at each other.

Once they realized they were actually out, they all froze and looked at each other before untangling themselves, scrambling up of the ground, and looking around the room. Their eyes landed on me, but I instantly pointed in Josh's direction. Looking over at him, they all had the same reaction.

"Shit!"

They ran over and gathered around him while I stood back out of their way and watched. Hopefully they know what to do, because they were Josh's only hope of help from this side.

I'm clueless.

Now his hair is red, purple, and even little streaks of blue are starting to show through. That had to be a good sign, right?

"Please tell me you guys can do something?" I asked my voice thick with all of my emotions.

Patrick and Pete looked desperately at Dallon. Fantastic. Dallon ran a hand through his hair as he thought, and suddenly his face lightened up a little.

"Actually, I think I know something! When this was all just starting I did a lot of asking around a research, and I remember something about expelling an Agma from someone's body. It's a bit different than expelling a demon, no salt required; I just have to try to remember the words..."

He shifted around so he was sitting cross legged and gently placed Josh's head in his lap. Josh's face was getting pretty pale now; paler than normal at least.

It took everything I had to not say "There is no 'trying' you have to remember!" but I managed to hold my tongue. Dallon is under enough stress and pressure as it is; I didn't need to add to it.

He placed his hands on the sides of Josh's head, holding it still. Some blood dripped down onto Dallon's hands, but he didn't seem to notice. He had his eyes squeezed shut and was quietly muttering words from a language foreign to me.

At first Josh's body started to shake even more and his head was thrashing around in-between Dallon's hands. Dallon gripped his head a little tighter, trying to keep him still. Was Dallon just making it worse?

My thoughts were eased when I saw black smoke start to drift out of Josh's mouth and dissipate. Slowly, the red and purple colors were leaching out of his hair, leaving behind the bright cotton candy blue I have come to adore.

Finally, after what seemed like hours but was actually only a few minutes, the shaking had ceased and the smoke had stopped coming out. There were no traces of red or purple in his hair. Are we done now? For good?

Slowly the blood stopped flowing out of his nose and lips, leaving Josh pale and limp. Was he breathing? I can't see his chest moving...

Dallon slumped back against the wall; an exhausted look graced his features as he let out a huge breath and ran his hand through his hair once again.

"Is...is he...is he still alive?" I managed to stutter out. Pete leaned over and pressed his fingers against Josh's neck, pausing for a few moments.

"He has a pulse and..." he paused and held a hand under Josh's nose, "he's still breathing. His mind and body are probably just exhausted. I'm sure that'd have to take a big toll on his health. Let's just get him cleaned up and in his bed. When he wakes up we can go from there, sound good? Dallon, do you have any ideas?"

Dallon mutely shook his head no. "Let's just go ahead and get him in bed."

Everyone nodded in agreement. I got up and went across the hall to the bathroom so I could grab a damp wash rag and wipe the blood off of Josh and the floor.

After I got back into the bedroom, I went about gently wiping the blood from his face and neck from where it had dripped down.

After he was clean, I wiped up the small droplets that had landed on the floor before going into the laundry room and just dumping the rag on top of the washer. I'd take care of it later.

With a little help (ok, maybe a lot of help) from the guys, we managed to get Josh back into his bed and I pulled his blankets up over him. I sat by his side and gently brushed some of his curly hair out of his face before placing a light kiss on his fore head.

Pete and Patrick had to go back to the Halb, their minds were exhausted and they couldn't stay any longer, so it was just Dallon and I watching over Josh.

Dallon was asleep in the chair in the corner of the room, whatever it was he had done really drained him, but I was extremely thankful he did it.

I'd never be able to repay him...or Josh...or any of the others...man I'm in a lot of debt.

But that's ok; it just means they'll have to keep me around longer until I can find some way to repay them. Preferably not anything as extreme as these events. I never want to go through any of this shit again. I grabbed Josh's hand in mine and squeezed it gently.

"I'll be here when you wake up and I'll take care of you Joshy, I promise."

A/N- I'm going to go with one of the most generic questions known to man: What's your favorite color? Mine is green