16- Taking Over My Body

A/N- Chapter 18 will be the last one, but I do have an epilogue! The story is almost over, that's so weird!

I watched Tyler tackle my body to the ground. Thankfully, in this moment I couldn't feel the pain my body was going through, but I know I will feel it later.

Before Tyler had a chance to do anything else, Blurry climbed on top of him and pinned his arms down by his head. I watched as Tyler instantly began to struggle and get away, but just like earlier it was no good.

I tried to once again get to the front of my mind, but Blurry was even more resistant now. Still, I'm going to keep on trying. I gave one strong push, and it threw Blurry off enough for Tyler to shove me off of him and scramble to the other side of the room.

I watched as Blurry tried to make me stand, but I pushed again, making my body lose control and fall to the floor again. I'm sure this all looks very odd to Tyler.

That's when Blurryface did something very unexpected. He pulled away from the front of my mind, but I still couldn't regain complete control. I watched as my view of the outside world went black, I guess my eyes closed.

"When will you learn to stay out of the way Josh? You're being a nuisance." Blurry's voice echoed around in my mind, irritation laced throughout his words. It only pissed me off more.

"Oh, I'm the nuisance?! Excuse you bitch, shall I remind you what exactly has happened lately? Or is your memory that bad?!" I shouted back.

"No need to get snappy. Just go to the corner and wait there, you can come out when you're ready to start behaving."

He spoke patronizingly, using a voice that was normally reserved for speaking to toddlers. That's it. I'm taking over my body, one way or another.

Tyler's POV

I have no freaking idea what is going on. Josh's body was on top of mine, his hair flashed purple for a moment making his grip on my wrists loosen enough for me to get out from underneath him.

I ran over to the other side of the room, warily keeping an eye on Josh. I don't know what I was expecting to happen next, but definitely not what actually happened.

Josh started to stand again, but with another flash of purple his body pitched sideways and fell right back to the floor. Then, he just passed out. His body went completely limp.

"Josh?" I called out softly, but of course received no response. I cautiously inched forward, watching for any signs of movement. When I reached Josh's side, I knelt down by his head and turned his face towards mine.

I felt the side of his neck for a pulse, there was one, and held my hand under his nose to make sure he was still breathing, he was.

Out of curiosity, I lifted one of Josh's eyelids to see if his eyes were still red, and recoiled at what I saw. They were solid white. Not like they had just rolled back into his head, there were no veins or anything. For lack of a better description, it looked like his eye had been replaced with a ping-pong ball. What does that mean?

I sat back on my heels and stayed perfectly still, afraid that moving could cause something to happen.

I faintly registered the muffled shouts still coming from behind the mirror, but couldn't bring myself to go and at least try to figure out a way to get them out. Not at the moment at least. I was afraid as soon as I turned my back, Blurryface would attack me again.

I reached out and lightly touched Josh's hair. It still felt normal and real.

Suddenly Josh's body jerked and I shot away from him like had been burned. His head whipped to one side like he had been smacked by an invisible hand and his hair turned purple.

His hands and fingers kept twitching. His head jerked upwards, his hair turned red again, and he even spit up a little bit of blood. Now I'm really freaked out. There's nothing I can do!

This kept happening, his body would jerk like he had been hit, his hair would change color, and sometimes blood would even come out of his mouth. By this point his nose was bleeding too. I was crying as I watched this. What was going on in his head?

Josh's POV

It feels very weird to fight inside your own head. I could feel my body move around with each retaliation. I was trying to push Blurryface out of my mind, but it was insanely hard.

I thought he was supposed to be weaker now, but it doesn't seem like it at all. If this is him when he's weak, I'd hate to go against him when he was at full strength. I don't know how Tyler did it.

I was slowly losing hope the longer this fight went on. It feels like it's been going on for years. I could feel my mind wearing out, how much of this could it take before it gives out forever?

I could hear the muffled sounds of Tyler crying my name, but I couldn't respond to him. I could slowly start feeling pain, but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Does that mean I'm in more control of my body? Or does that mean my mind is wearing out and I'm dying?

I'm starting to feel myself slip away. I could no longer fight, but I couldn't feel Blurry trying to attack me either.

Was I just numb? Was I gone? Was he gone? I can't hear Tyler anymore...it's definitely me. I'm leaving. I've failed Tyler. I'm slipping away, and Tyler will have to deal with Blurry on his own. I saw how he trapped the others in the mirror, Tyler had no one else out there with him.

I'm so sorry Tyler, I'm so sorry.

A/N- When is your birthday? Mine is June 4th