13- It's Not Me

A/N- PIERCE THE VEIL'S NEW ALBUM THOOOO!!!

Patrick's POV (Surprise!)

I sat on the end of Josh's bed, listening to his rhythmic breathing. It was oddly calming. I wasn't too worried about anything happening tonight, but I still wasn't going to let my guard down.

I've heard of people who go through hard trials having permanent physical reminders just appear, but most of the time those looked like tattoos. I've never heard of someone's hair changing color, but there's a first time for everything I guess.

Josh shifted in his sleep, mumbling Tyler's name before settling back down. I smiled, he and Tyler reminded me a lot of Pete and I. Pete was the best thing to ever happen to me. I sighed in content, and slight boredom, and rested my head on my hand. Just a half-hour, then Pete would be here to take my place.

Suddenly, Josh started coughing heavily. My snapped over to look at him, and there was black smoke starting to surround him. It wasn't as solid as the shadows were, but I knew that it was that damn Agma. It was weakened, hence the slight transparency of it, but it was here. And that really pisses me off.

I jumped up and went over to Josh who was still hacking his lungs up. I made it so he could see and hear me, and then began trying to speak to him.

"Josh? Can you answer me? What can I do to help?"

I felt just as helpless as I did when I was first starting to look after Pete, I never wanted to feel this way again, but here I am. He was coughing too much to answer me. He tried to hold my hand, but he just passed through me.

The smoke started to go into Josh's nose and mouth, and that's when I really started panicking. I didn't know what to do, I had never heard of this happening before!!

As soon as all the smoke had disappeared into him, Josh's coughing instantly stopped, his eyes rolled back into his head, and he fell back against the bed, his breathing even. It was like nothing ever happened.

Just then, Tyler burst through the door. I hadn't even heard him come through the front door. His breathing was labored and his eyes were wide. He saw me and ran over

"Where's Josh?! He's in trouble, things are not ok!" He looked over at the sleeping man on the bed, and all the color drained out of his face.

"Patrick, why is his hair red?"

Tyler's POV

No, no, no. Why did he have red hair? It wasn't red earlier today! The blue that was in his hair was still vibrant so I know he didn't re-dye it. I mutely looked up at Patrick who had wide eyes and pursed lips. He said nothing.

"Patrick? What's going on?"

"He's here...the Agma...he's here..." he slowly managed to get out. He was fidgeting nervously with his fingers. He looked shell-shocked, leaving me to worry about what exactly he had just witnessed.

Also, normally Josh would've woken up by now at the sound of me talking. He told me he was a light sleeper, but not in this case. Actually, I'm surprised he didn't wake up when I accidentally made his bedroom door slam against the wall in my rush to get in here.

"Blurryface is here?" I asked. Patrick mutely nodded.

"Where?" He slowly pointed at Josh, looking to be on the verge of tears.

"What do you mean? That's Josh, not Blurry. Josh would never want to hurt me, but that's all Blurry wants to do. That's not the Agma Patrick, where is he?" I sounded desperate at this point, but I didn't care.

"It came into the room like smoke. It surrounded Josh and he started coughing. Like, a lot. It started to go in his nose...I didn't know what to do...I panicked; I froze. I should've done something, but I was an idiot."

He dropped his head into his hands as some tears spilled down his face. I stood there in a shock-filled stupor. Was Blurryface possessing Josh?

"It's ok, Patrick, it's not your fault. We can figure this out, right? You guys managed to last time, so we can do it again. Right?" I didn't believe my own words, I always tend to be a pessimist, but I was desperately grabbing onto any hope I could find, even if it was false.

"Is there any way you can get Pete to come here?"

"I can try." Patrick answered quietly while looking down at his feet.

The fact that he was so shaken up was making me nervous, but I tried to remember Josh's words from the last time something like this happened. Blurryface feeds off of fear, the worse I am, the better he can be.

I took deep breaths trying to calm myself as I looked over at Josh. He hasn't stirred at all since I've gotten here. If it wasn't for the slight movement of his chest every time he took a breath, I would've thought he was dead.

"What's going on? Tyler, why are you here? It's five in the morning." My head snapped up and I saw Pete hugging little Patrick who was tightly clutching onto the front of Pete's shirt.

"Trick, what happened?" Patrick couldn't bring himself to speak, so Pete looked over at me for an explanation.

"From what I could get, Blurry is...inside Josh right now. And Patrick is upset because he panicked and didn't know what to do to try to keep that from happening." I explained as best as I could.

Before Pete could say a word, I heard a huge gasp for air. I whipped around and Josh was sitting straight up in his bed, clutching at his chest with one hand.

"Josh?" I asked, but he couldn't answer. A wave of pain hit Josh, making him scream and fall into the floor. I immediately ran over to his side. He was letting out moans of pain and gasping out my name.

"I'm here, I'm right here Josh. It's going to be ok." I spoke through my tears. His body convulsed again and he grabbed onto my hand and squeezed it hard.

"Tyler... I'm sorry. It's not me. It's-" his words were choked off with a strangled scream, and then his whole body went limp. He was still staring right at me, only now his eyes were red instead of brown. An unnaturally deep voice that did not belong to Josh came out of his mouth.

"You didn't really think it would be that easy, did you?"

A/N- PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I AM STILL BUT A CHILD.

Anyways, acoustic or the original version of songs? I'd say in general I like acoustic versions more, but both versions are still so so good