14- Want A Bet?

A/N- Cat on the Balcony has hit 12K, so here's an update because:

A) I like even numbers
B) That means the story has gotten 2K reads in 1 week, and that's crazy

Tyler's POV

My breath got stuck in my throat. No. This can't be happening. Blurryface was supposed to be gone, that's what Josh, Pete, and Patrick said would happen.

What more does he want to take from me? He's already taken years of happiness away from me. He almost made me take my own life.

I guess that's what he wants, my life. I don't think he'll stop until I'm dead, or he is.

"What do you want?" Pete demanded, being brave enough to ask the question I desperately wanted to know the answer to.

Blurry chuckled and stood up, making my uneasy feeling grow. There was Josh, the person who brought life and clarity to my messed up mind, with a glare in his eyes that was directed at me. I didn't think Josh would ever be capable of making such a hateful look.

"Do you really have to ask that? I was so close to my promotion, so close I could taste it! But no, this idiot and you two," he paused to gesture at Pete and Patrick,

"had to go and mess things up for me! I'm so weak right now I can't even hold my own form, which is why I was forced to use this." With a disgusted look he gestured to Josh's body.

That made the anger boil in my blood once again. Josh is the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my life, inside and out, and here is this scum-of the-earth creature taking over his body and then insulting it.

After all Josh has done for me, I'm not going to let anyone hurt or insult him, not while I'm around. Especially not Blurryface.

"How dare you!" I shouted, making everyone turn and look at me in surprise. I'm normally very quiet and timid, so their surprise was understandable.

"It's bad enough that you have to come back here and try to ruin my life again, but you're trying to use Josh as a means to do that! You steal him away from me, and then insult him?! I don't care who you think you are or how powerful you are, Josh is a better person than you ever could hope to be! The saying 'it's better to be feared than loved' is a load of bullshit. Josh will always have people on his side fighting for him, you won't. You're on your own."

I walked right up to Blurry and grabbed the front of Josh's shirt and pulled him in until we were eye-to-eye with each other. I could clearly see the shock swimming through the red eyes.

"Josh was right. You're a fucking coward."

In that moment I didn't feel weak or scared, I felt powerful and in control. But, I should've known that simply just standing up to Blurryface again wouldn't get rid of him.

No, this time it would take something more. However, before any more words could be spoken, Dallon showed up.

"Ok, ok, I'm here. What's going- oh, uh, is this a bad time? I could come back later if you two are in the middle of a little lovers spat..."

"This isn't Josh," I said with anger as I shoved Burry away from me. Now that Dallon could see Josh completely, see the red hair and red eyes, he knew what I meant.

"Well shit." He said eloquently as his eyes went wide, perfectly capturing all of our thoughts in those two words.

"What's wrong Dallon? Didn't you miss me? It seems no one else has." Blurry spoke, his deep voice was mocking and faking offense.

A taunting grin was on Josh's face. "Sadly, you're a little late to the party. It's already time for you all to leave. Except Tyler, I still need to have a few words with him."

"If you think we're just going to leave Tyler alone with you, you're dumber than we thought." Dallon said crossing his arms over his chest and moving to stand next to Pete and Patrick. They all looked royally pissed off.

"I may be in a weakened state right now, but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve."

Josh's full length mirror in the corner started to glow red around the edges. The other's faces instantly looked panicked and their eyes went wide. I soon found out why.

With a wave of Josh's hand, all three of them were thrown backwards by an invisible force and sent into the mirror. Literally into it.

The surface of the mirror rippled as if it was made out of liquid before becoming solid again. It was still for a few moments before it started shaking, I could hear the muffled shouts of the guys as if coming from behind the glass.

"Ah, much better," he said as he cracked his knuckles. Turning to face me, I felt my stomach drop, feeling slightly more worried now that we were alone. He could tell.

"Not feeling so confident now, are you?" He laughed as he walked a little closer to me. I stood my ground though, trying to cover my fear better. I refused to step back like I so desperately desired to.

"You don't scare me. Yes, you make me worried, but you don't scare me. I know Josh is still in there somewhere, and he'll stop you before you can do anything to hurt me. Even if he can't do anything, I will. I'm not going to let you bully me anymore." I said, staring him straight in the eyes, no matter how unnerving they are.

With a small grin, he came even closer. "Oh Tyler, it's going to take more than words and feelings to make me go away this time."

"That doesn't matter, you won't win."

"Want a bet?"

And with that, I felt my back being slammed against the wall behind me, and two strong hands wrap around my throat. Instantly began to struggle, but it was no use. Blurryface had Josh's strength on his side, and Josh was so much stronger than me. That was easy for anyone to see.

This might be a little harder than I thought...

A/N- What state are you from? I'm from Tennessee. That being said I've heard that stupid "you're the only ten I see" pick up line is ridiculous. Like, please stop. It doesn't work. It will never work.