Excitement

His heart was beating so very fast.

School had been let out for the day, and the time for volleyball practice had begun. The time to find Kageyama had begun.

The school day had flown by like the classroom doors flew by Hinata as he ran to practice. Hinata couldn't hear any of his teachers over the sound of his heartbeat. Just as now, his heart cried out from lack of oxygen and nervousness.

His hands shook whenever he raised his hands to ask to go to the bathroom, because he had nervous cramps all day.

But even with all the butterflies in his stomach, he was so excited. He was so excited to finally, finally tell Kageyama his feelings. No misunderstanding would stop him this time.

He was smiling so very much.

Hinata raced to the gym doors as fast as he could. Before he opened the doors he took a deep breath and tried to calm his nerves. It's didn't work.

He put his shaking hands on the handles and opened the door.

"KAAGGGEEEYYYAAAMMMAAA!!!"

Heads spun to see the red head yelling with all his strength. In a second Hinata's team crowded around him and some held his arms.

"Hinata! Are you okay?" Suga immediately asked.

"We understand you want to beat up Kageyama but you can't scare Yachi again!" Tanaka explained.

"I'd also be pretty worried if you beat up Kageyama..." Asahi politely stated.

"Yeah he might be a jerk but he's a jerk that plays volleyball really well. You can't beat him up," Noya said.

"I don't really mind if you take down the King or not," Tsukishima mumbled.

"Wha-? No, guys you've got it all wrong. I don't want to fight Kageyama. I... I..." Hinata blushed.

The whole team went silent for a bit. And then everyone sighed.

"Took you long enough," Tsukishima muttered.

"Finally worked up some courage huh? Way to go Hinata!" Noya congratulated.

"W-wait you guys knew?" Hinata said surprised.

"Not everyone on this team is stupid," Tsukishima muttered as Tanaka and Noya excitedly talked about all the cool new action figures they could buy from all the future money they'll get from Kageyama and Hinata pictures.

"A-And... You guys are cool with it?" Hinata asked, hands shaking.

"Of course! If my underclass man is happy, I'm happy too!" Noya exclaimed, ruffling Hinata's hair.

"Wow. Noya you are such a good upperclassman," Tanaka said with amazement lacing his voice.

After that the gym was filled with chatter of the team, the conflict of yesterday already forgotten. Hinata finally smiled freely without anything holding him back. For once, in a very long time, he truly smiled.

And Yachi was conflicted. She was happy her friend was really smiling again, but her heart still hurt. But she'd be fine. She had to be fine. Especially if that means that Hinata can keep smiling like that.

Yachi was so focused on her inner monologue that she was surprised when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey Yachi? Are you feeling okay? You had a pained expression on your face," Yamaguchi said lightly blushing and faintly smiling.

"Oh! I did? Thank you for worrying about me, but I'm okay, Yamaguchi. I'm... Okay," Yachi said, her resolve firming.

"Well that's good! Wouldn't want you to be in pain, aha. H-hey Yachi?"

"Hm?"

"I was wondering if maybe sometime-"

"Yamaguchi," a voice said behind the two.

"Oh, Tsukki!" Yamaguchi smiled and turned towards him, his back to Yachi.

"The teams huddling up," Tsukishima muttered in a voice a little tighter than usual.

"Oh. Okay! Yachi, I'll talk to you later okay?" Yamagichi said, beaming and patting Yachi on the arm.

The pair walked away with one final glance and wave from Yamaguchi, and an indescribable look from Tsukisima.

Yachi wondered if Tsukishima was walking a little closer to Yamaguchi than usual. She also wondered what Yamaguchi was going to ask her.

But her pondering was cut short by the sound of feet harshly hitting the pavement outside of the gym. The sound of the silver doors slamming open resounded in the gym. Everyone looked up at the out of breath figure in the doorway.

"Kiyoko?" Noya asked.

She lifted her head, her breath coming too fast.

"Kiyoko are you okay?" Tanaka asked worriedly.

She clutched the paper in her hand.

Hinata took everything in. Her face filled with confusion and shock. The pace at which she had to have run to be that out of breath. The crumpled paper in her hand. Kageyama's presence missing.

His stomach fell to the bottom of his toes. He took a step forward.

"Where's Kageyama?"

Kiyoko lifted her gaze to meet Hinata's. Pity filled her eyes. She breathed.

"Kageyama Tobio has resigned from the volleyball club."

~~~
Le gasp.

Pre Calc is killing me.

I'm sorry it took so long. Please forgive me.

And yeah. Love triangle pentagon thing WOOP WOOP.

Is it TsukiYama? YamaYachi? TsukiYachi?????

Or

TsukiYamaYachi

😮😮