The Beginning

"Ahhh... It's cold."

Kageyama rubbed his hands together. His breath came out in small puffs of cloudy air. It had been snowing the week before, so there was fair amount of pure snow covering the park.

"The dumbass was supposed to be here a half hour ago. Damn. It's really cold," Kageyama swore.

It had been half a year since Hinata and Kageyama had gotten together, and, with all things considered, they've been doing good. There were fights. A bunch of them actually since Hinata and Kageyama were both stubborn.

But they were fine. They were better than fine. They were fantastically in love.

Kageyama smiled slightly into his hands as he breathed on them to warm them up. Suddenly, mittens were covering his mouth.

"Guess who it is~"

"Dumbass. You can't even reach my eyes," Kageyama said turning around to see his boyfriend pouting.

"It's not faaaaiiiiiirrrrrr. I wanna be able to do cute, romantic things with you," Hinata whined.

"Give me a kiss then," Kageyama demanded softly.

"Okay!" Hinata giggled. He put his hands on Kageyama's shoulders and stood on his tiptoes. He still couldn't quite reach, but his eyes were closed so he didn't see Kageyama crane his neck down slightly so their lips could meet.

Kageyama felt all the ice in his veins that accumulated in the last half an hour melt away when their lips met. He rested his hands on Hinata's face and leaned down more as he deepened the kiss. Hinata made a small noise, shocked by Kageyama's actions. Kageyama grew warmer by the second and he began to crave Hinata's sunlight.

When he pulled away, the cold came back and clouded both of the young boys' breaths. The small clouds intermingled and red noses touched. Hinata smiled and kissed Kageyama's red nose. He rested back on his feet and Kageyama let go of his face and stood straight again.

"You look cold. Have you been waiting long?" Hinata asked, guilt beginning to seep into his visage.

"Nope. Just got here a few minutes ago," Kageyama lied.

"Oh! Okay. That's good, it would be bad if you got sick," Hinata stated.

The pair began to walk together. Talking about the days prior and the days to come. They just talked and listened, as snow began to fall.

"Oh! Kageyama, you forgot your gloves again," Hinata said, noticing Kageyama's pale pink hands.

"It's no big deal," Kageyama mumbled. He was embarrassed that he forgot such an important piece of winter clothing.

"Of course it is," Hinata began to take Kageyama's hands into his mittened ones, "These are the hands that send me the best tosses. These are the precious hands that show me Kageyama's love. You have to take care of them."

Hinata began to massage each large hand in his smaller ones. He lightly kissed the back Kageyama's right hand, and Kageyama's face erupted into flames.

"Here," Hinata said as he took off his right glove, handing it to Kageyama, "Put it on your right hand."

Kageyama did as he was told. Then he felt Hinata's small, cool hand enter his left hand. Kageyama instantly intertwined their fingers. Hinata placed both of their hands in his coat pocket.

"There! Toasty right?" Hinata smiled.

Kageyama nodded, happy with any excuse that gets him closer to Hinata.

They walked in warm, comfortable silence. Hands and hearts growing warmer by the second. Hinata leaned into Kageyama's arm and Kageyama made small circles with his thumb on the back of Hinata's hand.