Distractions

They sucked.

Sugawara was amazed as he saw Kageyama and Hinata bumble around like they were newly born children. Seventy-five percent of Kageyama's sets were getting no where near Hinata and when they did Hinata never hit it. He jumped too soon, too late, or just wasn't watching the ball at all.

They sucked.

"I'm going to kill him. I swear to God. What did he do, scar them? I could've sworn he said he only kissed Iwaizumi... Maybe Daichi should give them the talk just in case," Sugawara mumbled under his breath.

He felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked behind him to see Daichi.

"Koushi, you're scaring the second years. They think you're planning on killing them," Daichi laughed lightly.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I really thought my plan would work," Sugawara sighed.

"Your plan was kind of... Unique? Just give them time. They're young, and they have time," Daichi said.

"You're right. You're always right. Thank you Sawamura," Sugawara replied.

"I'll see you after practice right?" Daichi asked.

"Yup! Now go help Hinata out of the net," Sugawara laughed.

Sugawara stood there and watched as the team helped Hinata down back onto the ground. He laughed as Hinata eventually fell onto his face. He knew he was fine. But something suddenly dawned on him.

"Why were the second years scared of being killed by me? Unless... They're guilty of something... Tanaka! Noya!"

"DUDE RUN."

"BRO I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO HIDE IT."

"I DID"

~~~~~~~~~~
Hinata was in trouble and he knew it.

Ever since his adventures with the Great King and his pal, he and Kageyama have been truly awful at volleyball.

The whole day Hinata was on edge and high on nerves. Not only was Kageyama bound to yell at him sooner or later, but today was also the day Hinata decided to tell Kageyama that he wanted their relationship to be like Oikawa's and Iwaizumi's.

So when Kageyama called him over loudly and sternly Hinata was sure that his time had come. He started getting his nervous cramps and he was sure that his boxed lunch was about to come back up the way it came.

He just hopes he won't throw up on Kageyama while he confesses. That'd be really awkward.

                         ~~~~~~~~~
Kageyama was in trouble and he knew it.

Ever since his adventures with the legit Satan and the "pretty-okay-dude-because-he-hits-the-legit-Satan", he has been truly awful at volleyball.

But he knows it isn't his fault. How could it be when Hinata has made it his mission to distract Kageyama. It was like Hinata was making fun of Kageyama's feelings by being ten times cuter. It was infuriating. He was infuriating. Infuriatingly cute.

One time while they were walking home together, Kageyama was further ahead so Hinata had to run to catch up with him. Once he did he grabbed Kageyama's hand. He immediately pulled away and slapped the hand upon his mouth. Blushing profusely, he explained through his hands that he usually has to hold Natsu's hand when she get too far away and it was a reflex and oh my God I'm so sorry. Kageyama just nodded as his heart thumped against his chest. He wanted to punch the street light he was next to.

And then those smiles! The ones that feel like a nap in the sun as soft music plays. They make Kageyama feel like crying and/or kissing Hinata. Instead he throws Hinata to the other side of the room.

Obviously his feelings for the redhead were getting in the way of his volleyball playing. So they have to leave, they weren't getting him anywhere with Hinata anyway. The only way to do that was distancing himself from Hinata. But he wanted to explain his actions so Hinata doesn't misunderstand. Misunderstandings are the worst.

"Hinata!" Kageyama yelled. The other ran quickly, clutching his stomach.

"Are you okay?" Kageyama asked worriedly.

"I'm okAY. Hahahaha!!!" Hinata's voice squeaked. He stood up straight and placed his hands on his shoulders as he laughed.

"Okay. That's good," Kageyama said quietly.

Both boys stood there for a while trying to still their hearts.

"Okay, so here's the deal," they both said at the same time.

The boys' eyes went wide and they both started to laugh awkwardly.

"You go ahead," Hinata insisted. He was really hoping that this was some sort of dream, because these things only happen in the movies. He smiled widely as Kageyama started his movie-like confession.

"Do you remember what I said when we first met?" Kageyama asked.

"Uhhh... I can't recall what you said exactly but I'm pretty sure you said scrub. You always say scrub," Hinata rambled.

"What? No I don't. Okay that's not the point. What I meant was the words: I don't think you're necessary to win at all."

"Okay ouch."

"So I get rid of things I don't think are necessary to win," Kageyama said, his hands fiddling with his white t-shirt, " and so among the list of things I don't need to win are feelings, of the... romantic type."

Kageyama was looking at the ground, in order to save him the humiliation of looking at Hinata's grossed out face. He hoped he explained it well enough. He really did.

"Y-yeah of course! I understand," Hinata tightly said.

"You do?" Kageyama asked, his eyes reaching Hinata's. He was so relieved that Hinata didn't make fun of his feelings.

"Yeah! It's cool, buddy," Hinata smiled.

But instead of feeling blessed by the comforting rays of sunshine, Kageyama felt the familiar, bitter coldness of being utterly alone.

And Hinata? Hinata felt a hundred times worse.

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't blame me guys. Blame @rose_the_panda and dattebayofaeritail They asked for this.

Jk jk ily don't worry about it. If you must blame someone blame oikawa for not doing his job right smh.

Will Hinata and Kageyama get together? Idk. Will you find out next chapter? Nope. WILL YOU EVER KNOW WHAT TANAKA WAS SUPPOSED TO HIDE? Yup.
Next time on Megan finally updates. 🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂