Sunshine

He was happy.

Not as happy as before of course. But happy. And he has Yachi to thank for that. She's been his support whenever he needed someone. She was amazing.

She studied volleyball for two days straight just so she could relate to Hinata a little more. Hinata's grades skyrocketed and he's never done better in school thanks to Yachi's notes and help.

But their favorite thing to do was take pictures. Yachi of course adored to take pictures of Hinata in action, soaring and touching the sky, but they also enjoyed taking funny pictures. Faceswap started a large amount of chuckles and giggles. They often got in trouble for laughing too loud in class.

Hinata easily forgot about his pain when tears were streaming down his face and his chest heaved after laughing too hard for too long, but as he sat at home looking at the pictures, he began to think about how he would look with Kageyama's face.

He bet it'd be really funny.

He was happy.

For the most part.

The team also noticed the change. And with Hinata's best friend being a girl things got crazy fast.

~~~~~~~~~

One day during practice Hinata was working especially hard. Sweat made his hair stick everywhere when he ran his hands through it to get it out of his eyes. His chest heaved and his breaths were labored. His eyes clouded with exhaustion and hunger for victory.

(Kageyama was very irritable that day. And his lip was bruised by how much he bit it. He was a mess.)

When he got off the court Yachi was there instantly. She handed him his water bottle and as he had a drink she took a towel and started drying off his hair.

"Wow Hinata you're working really hard today. Why's that?" Yachi asked.

"Huh... You're right! I have been working hard today. Hmm... I think it's because I've been feeling a lot better recently," Hinata smiled.

Yachi lightly blushed and stopped moving her hands, staring at the bright smile that was burned into her soul. She breathed before she smiled back just as brightly and wrapped the towel around Hinata's neck.

"I'm glad," Yachi whispered as she thought about the broken pieces of Hinata she tried so desperately to fix. And if he's better because of her? Well the band aids covering her bruised, bloody fingers were an honor to wear.

But she knows he's not fully complete. Pieces of him are still scattered. But she can't touch them.

Only he can.

"Thank you for the towel and water bottle Yachi!" Hinata said.

"Oh! It was no problem," Yachi explained.

They sat there and smiled at each other until they realized it was quiet.

Too quiet.

They slowly looked behind them to see the rest of the team in shock.

"HINATA!!!!!!!" Tanaka and Noya screamed.

"YES??????" Hinata screamed back.

Tanaka and Noya slowly came over, as if stalking prey. Tanaka placed an arm around Yachi and Noya stood very close to Hinata with his arms crossed.

"So... When did you guys start going out huh?" Noya asked.

"HUUUUHHH????" Tanaka emphasized making his Scary Face ™.

Yachi and Hinata both blushed bright pink. They sputtered that nonono it's not like that all. We're friends. But the team wasn't believing any of that. They congratulated Hinata on his accomplishment. Hinata and Yachi kept on yelling that no really we're not dating.

"I guess I can possibly accept it. But Oikawa will never hear the end of my complaining," Sugawara relented.

"Well if they're happy that's enough, don't you think?" Daichi asked.

Sugawara glanced at the team huddled around the two flustered teenagers. Everybody was laughing and having fun with the two. And then Sugawara looked behind him to where Kageyama was silently twirling a volleyball in his hands, staring at it as if it held the secret to volleyball. He stood alone, bruised lip caught between his teeth.

"I don't think they're happy Daichi."

~~~~~~~~

Wow two chapters done wow.
I'm proud of myself. Also lip biting Kageyama 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻