Running

"Kageyama Tobio has resigned from volleyball club."

Hinata's heart drops, but his brain still hasn't made sense of the words that had left Kiyoko's mouth. Kageyama quit volleyball? Never.

"Kiyoko, this isn't really the time to joke..." Sugawara said politely.

"Here's the resignation form he signed. It just needs the coach's signature, and Kageyama would no longer be on the team," Kiyoko said solemnly.

"Why would he do that? Did he say why?" Tanaka asked.

Kiyoko just shook her head.

"Maybe it's because of..." Yamaguchi trailed off, everyone knowing already what he was about to say.

"Yeah! Maybe he feels bad! All you have to do is forgive him, and everything will be perfect," Yachi exclaimed hitting Hinata's shoulder.

Hinata shook his head. He knew why. He knew why all of this had happened.

Kageyama was scared.

He was scared of change, just as he's scared of no one hitting his spikes.

So when their relationship began to change he ran. When there was a chance Hinata would stop spiking his sets he ran.

"Kageyama Tobio has resigned from volleyball club."

Hinata felt his blood rush and anger fill his senses, and in a flash he was gone. He ran through the gym, shouts of his name following him.

Hinata was just as scared. He was terrified of this change between him and Kageyama, because if anything goes wrong what happens then? What happens to their volleyball? What happens to them?

But Hinata wants, needs Kageyama so badly that he's willing to face his fears and run into this relationship full speed ahead with a huge smile and a heart full of hope and doubt and everything in between.

People were still wandering around school, meeting up with friends, going to clubs, and talking about the weekend. They all made way for the orange blur that was sidestepping and dashing through the sea of black uniforms.

Hinata was scared. Just as Kageyama was scared. But Kageyama doesn't get to throw away his life. His sport. His dream. He doesn't get to throw away the major thing that holds Hinata and him together. He doesn't get to throw away that connection, because Hinata will hold on to it and chase Kageyama to the ends of the earth if he has to. He will forever be there to spike Kageyama's tosses, so Kageyama doesn't have to be scared anymore.

Hinata becomes worried as he runs through the school. He hasn't seen Kageyama yet and he's on the final floor. He wonders if Kageyama had already left school, if he had already missed his chance.

But then a movement catches his eye outside. Or actually a lack of movement catches his eye. There's a small stream of students making their way out of the entrance. But there's one standing still, staring.

Kageyama stands with his hand shading his eyes, the sun glaring off of the glass windows. He stares at Hinata. In the crowd of students in this school, Kageyama found Hinata first. Hinata's anger seeps out of him as he just stops. They both just stop. The world just stops.

And Kageyama waves and smiles slightly, worriedly. And then he beckons.

And then everything is a blur, because of course Hinata will run to him. Because he'll be there. Whenever Kageyama needs him he'll be there shouting "I'm here!!!" at the top of his lungs.

Hinata runs and runs. He falls down stairs and jumps down stairs. He passes his teammates who were chasing him, and he keeps on running.

All the while questions were running through his head. Why? Why did Kageyama quit volleyball? He wasn't running, no, that was perfectly clear when he beckoned, called for Hinata. What is Kageyama doing? And what was going to happen?

All questions and running ceased as Hinata slammed open the doors leading outside. He made his way through the crowd. He could see Kageyama clearly, his being taller than many of their peers. The steady stream of students made their way around Kageyama, since he only stood and stared at Hinata. Hinata could hear the doors open behind him, as the Karasuno team finally caught up.

The closer Hinata got to Kageyama, the slower time felt to be moving. As he got closer his heartbeat got louder. It's felt like such a long time since he's gotten to see Kageyama. When Hinata got close enough he could touch Kageyama, Kageyama bowed. His face was parallel to the ground.

"Kageya-?" Hinata whispered.

"Will you promise me you won't say anything until I've explained everything?" Kageyama asked loudly, catching the attention of people around them.

"...I promise?" Hinata said, uncertain of what was about to happen.

Kageyama stood up slowly. His hands clutched at his pants. He stared at Hinata until he took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"Hinata Shouyou!"

Hinata jumped, startled by the loud, abrupt yell. Many people around him also jumped and stopped to see what was happening.

Kageyama opened his eyes, and only looked at Hinata. His eyes pleaded to Hinata, asking him to please listen to what he has to say.

"I, Kageyama Tobio, am very much in love with you."

~~~
*rolls around cus finally ahhhHHH*