THIRTY-FIVE

"Nigga, what the fuck?" he yelled.

"What the fuck? Nigga, I trusted you. This is probably a set-up right now. Both of you niggas are stupid as fuck. You were better off not telling me shit. I ain't going down like this, blood."

Scrapp reached for the gun tucked in his pants.

BOOM.

SAS's body dropped to the floor.

"Come on, Scrapp. Don't you think if SAS was sticking to the fucking plan, you would already be dead by now, and I wouldn't of had to come all the way out here?" Stevie asked laughing.

He walked out of the shadows into the living room with his gun loosely hanging from his hand.

"But fuck all that. Where's my wife?"

Scrapp sat next to SAS's limp body. His blood colored the carpet as it leaked from the bullet hole in his chest.

"Nigga, you should know where she is. You sent her into that bullshit. Her blood is on your hands."

Stevie paced back and forth. After a few seconds of silence, he raised his gun and shot Scrapp in the shoulder. His body flew back into the wall.

Stevie walked over to him, grabbed the gun from his pants, and threw it behind him. The sound of the gun sliding across the wood floor echoed throughout the house.

"Stand up, nigga," he said waving his gun in the air.

Scrapp fixed his eyes on him.

He knew this was it.

He slowly stood up gripping his shoulder. If he was going to die, he was going to die as a man.

"I love you, Scrapp. You're my brother. You were there when I had nothing."

Scrapp kept silent, never breaking eye contact.

"I've worked so hard for what I have. This shit wasn't given to me, nigga. I didn't have a choice on if I wanted to be in this life. I was chosen."

Scrapp walked around SAS's body spinning his gun, but he stopped when he got to Scrapp and stared at him as if it was the last time.

Lost in his fantasy, he slowly raised the gun and aimed it Scrapp's head.

"This wasn't a choice, Scrapp. This isn't a choice. You chose to do all this shit. I can't let you take what's mine though."

He looked into Stevie's eyes and said, "Then take it back."

BOOM!

Stevie's body hit the floor. Blood spilled from the back of his head. Scrapp opened his eyes in disbelief.

Twice tonight, he thought he was dead, and both times he was saved.

He looked up and saw Tru standing in the same spot Stevie had been. They looked at each other in silence.

Scrapp hurried and grabbed SAS to make sure he was still breathing. His pulse grew fainter and fainter.