TWELVE

I couldn't leave y'all hanging like that. Chapter 12 is for y'all. Thanks for the love and support. 😘💚

Tommie sat on the couch eating a bowl of red grapes watching infomercials. All of a sudden, she heard gunshots ringing outside. Against her better judgment, she ran to the window to look. She didn't see anything, but the shots were so loud that she knew it had to be near the house.

When she got outside, she saw a body slumped over on the front steps. Her thoughts went to Stevie. Her feelings were changing, and she found herself feeling more then she should have. Suddenly, the outside lights illuminated Ace' face pressed against the cold ground.

"Oh my God. Oh my God," she screamed, "Somebody help."

She rushed to his side to check his pulse, but there wasn't one. He was dead. Tommie ran inside the house to call an ambulance. When she came back outside, she looked at his lifeless body with her eyes filled with tears. She never wanted to see him hurt.

She had spent the past seven years with him, and as much as he hurt her, she still had love for him. The paramedics arrived five minutes later. They rushed over to Ace. His blood covered the speckled concrete.

After not detecting a pulse, an EMT came and placed a white sheet over him. Four police cars came bolting down the street to the scene. After securing the area with yellow and black Do Not Cross tape, a short, husky detective pulled Tommie into the house while the other officers searched the yard for evidence.

"Hi, I'm Detective Robinson. Can you tell me what happened tonight?"

Tommie struggled to catch her breath. "I...I don't know."

"Did you know the victim?"

"He's my ex, but I haven't seen or spoken to him in months."

"So you don't know why he was in the area?"

"No, I didn't even know he knew where I lived."

"Okay, tell me what happened to the best of your knowledge, miss."

"I was here watching TV. I heard about three gunshots. They were really loud, so I knew they had to be close to the house. I went outside and saw Alexander on the stairs."

"Thank you for your time," Detective Robinson  said handing Tommie a business card, "Call me anytime if you can think of anything else."

Tommie watched as the police packed up and left. The paramedics loaded Ace' body into a black bag and pushed him inside the ambulance on a metal gurney.

The red and white lights flashed as they made their way through police cars and news vans. Tommie knew she had to call Tia. After this, she was going to need her.

$$$$$

SAS drove Ace' car Downtown to an empty parking lot. He stripped him of anything he had of value.

He took his watch, chains, earrings, everything, but he made sure he didn't leave any fingerprints. While he was sitting in his car waiting for Ace, he put on plastic gloves, and he covered his shoes with saran wrap.