SEVENTEEN

Tommie stood in front of her garage with tear stains on her face.

"What's wrong?"

"It's really over this time, Stevie," she said in between sobs.

Stevie felt like things were going too perfectly for him. Scrapp basically laid Tommie in his hands, and this time, he was not letting her go.

"Let's go in the house," he said guiding her back upstairs to her three-bedroom apartment.

After closing the door behind her, she sat on the floor and allowed her tears to continue to fall. Stevie tried to comfort her as best he could, but she was inconsolable.

Why the fuck is she crying like this over that nigga? She should be happy. We can finally be together now.

"Tommie, stop crying. You don't have to worry about anything. I'm here," he said wiping away the tears that ran down her cheeks.

She was so thankful that she had Stevie in her life. He always looked out for her. Scrapp left her in the cold, and she would never forget it.
She wanted to hurt him like he hurt her. She saw what she needed to see in Stevie, and she knew he was willing to give her the world.

The next morning, she woke up on the floor to an empty apartment. "What time is it?" she asked jumping up.

"12 p.m.," Stevie said yawning.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, I missed my delivery," Tommie whined, "I didn't even hear the doorbell. I gotta reschedule fast. I need my bed. This floor ain't cool." She hurried to walk into the kitchen and unplug her phone from the wall.

"What, that furniture?"

"Yeah."

"I told them to take that shit back."

"Stevie, why would you do that? As you can see, I don't have shit here."

"Cause I'm not bout to have you fill up your new place with old-ass furniture from the next nigga at that. We can go shopping today."

"I can't let you do that."

"You're not letting me do anything. Just think of it as a house warming gift."

$$$$$

Later that day, after getting lunch, Stevie took Tommie to West Elm to fully furnish her apartment. She picked out beds, couches, tables, chairs, pictures, everything a room would need and more.

By the time they were finished, it only cost Stevie $29,000. Stevie felt like they were starting a new life together, so cost wasn't a concern to him. He didn't want her to have anything that reminded her of any other man, period.

After leaving West Elm, they went to Macy's to get bed sets and other essentials. Tommie vowed to become independent and do everything on her own, but it was so much easier having Stevie around to do it for her.

She knew it was wrong for them to be together, but she was done with Scrapp. She had to move on. If he could lie and be disloyal to her then her loyalty and devotion would go to someone who deserved it.