FOURTEEN

Stevie walked up Scrapp's driveway toward the front door. It had been a couple weeks since he broke up with Tommie, and he had been M.I.A.

Scrapp wasn't answering anyone's calls, so Stevie decided to just show up. He pulled Scrapp's spare key out of his pocket and let himself in.

"Scrapp?" he yelled walking around the house.

"I'm upstairs, bruh."

When Stevie walked upstairs, Scrapp was in his bedroom watching "The Best Man." Stevie didn't even recognize him. He looked like he hadn't taken a shower in weeks.

"Blood, what the fuck are you doing?"

"What you mean?" Scrapp asked taking a sip of Ciroc straight from the bottle.

"It's 10:00 a.m., and you're sitting here drinking. You look like you haven't washed your nuts at all. Bruh, this ain't you."
"I'm good."

"Come on, nigga, what's up?" Stevie asked sitting down in a leather recliner.

Scrapp looked around the room and saw the empty alcohol bottles scattered around. He knew he was slipping, but his pride was hurt. He didn't know where Tommie went, and, at that point, he didn't care.

"It's this shit with Tommie. I wanna believe her, but the shit sounded shady, and I mean even though we weren't fucking, she was talking to me behind Ace' back. Shit just don't add up, bruh."

"I feel it. How'd that nigga know exactly where you live? I know Tia fa sho don't know."

"Exactly, but I'm done talking about that bitch. I need to get on this money hype, blood. What's up for today?"

"Shit, just the meeting."

"It is Thursday, huh? I forgot." Tru had meetings with his three lieutenants each week. He needed to make sure everybody's money was straight.

"Alright, let me get dressed," Scrapp said shaking off his defeat as he fought to get Tommie out of his mind.

His bitch was once again the Almighty Dollar. He had to switch gears and put his focus back on getting paid.

$$$$$

Tommie laid in Tia's queen-sized bed with crumpled tissues sitting next to her as she spent her time crying over Scrapp.

She called him at least five times a day but never got an answer. She knew he needed time; she just hoped it wouldn't be forever. The house echoed as Tommie walked into the kitchen.

She cooked dinner, cleaned up, and later, finally made her way to the shower. She let the water clear her mind. The soap slid down her body as she scrubbed away her disappointment.

In the middle of Tommie rinsing off, she heard a lot of noise coming from the back of the house. Tia wasn't supposed to be home for another week, so she quickly made her way out of the shower.

Water dripped to the floor as she wrapped her body with a giant white bath towel. She fought through the thick cloud of steam to the door.

Tommie eased her way into the kitchen and picked up a fire poker from the fireplace in the guestroom gripping the handle until her knuckles turned white.