EIGHT

Scrapp stared out of the window as the airplane descended from the sky. Flight attendants hurried up and down the aisle checking the overhead baggage containers to make sure each one was secure.

Thoughts of Tommie in the hospital alone without him consumed Scrapp during the eight hour trip to Miami. Tru sat across from him on the phone sipping on a Heineken.

"You want something to drink?" he asked in between calls.

"The plane is about to land, T. I think they stopped serving drinks by now," Scrapp laughed.

"Boy, that's not what I asked," Tru said flagging down a stewardess.

A light-skinned flight attendant stopped to assist Tru. Noticing Scrapp's diamond Cartier watch, she bent down seductively as her already short blue and white uniform inched up her thighs. "Can I help you, sir?"

"Naomi, is it?" Tru asked reading her name tag, "Can my son over there get a beer or anything? I know we're almost out of here, but he could use something to drink."

"No problem," Naomi said gliding her tongue across her pink glossed lips.

Tru watched as she made her way to the back of the plane. Her round ass jiggled with each step she took. The pilot soon made the announcement that the plane would be landing, but Naomi ignored the warning.

Instead of making sure each passenger was secure, she wanted to make sure she arrested Scrapp's attention. The plane began to jerk as the pilot released the landing gears, and Naomi struggled to make it back to their seats in first class.

"Here you go, sweetheart," she said handing Scrapp a green bottle of Heineken and a napkin, "Can I get you guys anything else?"

"No, thank you, Naomi. Here's something for your trouble." Tru handed her a crisp one-hundred dollar bill.

Scrapp set the beer in the cup holder next to him and saw a phone number written on the plain, white paper napkin attached to it, but he set it to the side.

"I hope I hear from you later, sexy," she said winking at Scrapp.

Tru couldn't help but laugh at Scrapp's unwanted attention. He was irritated at Naomi's thirsty attempt.

"T, I'm good. I know what you're trying to do."

"You looked like you needed something, and ol girl got something for you," he laughed, "You've been M.I.A. lately, Scrapp. That's bad for business."

"I know, and that's my bad. I'm on it though. Promise."

"Hi, I'm your pilot Jerome Richards. It's about 5 a.m. here in Miami. As soon as we reach the gate, you are free to enjoy this wonderful city. Have a great day, and thank you for choosing Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport."

$$$$$

Tommie sat silent watching the news. Stevie stayed after Scrapp left for Miami, but she was uncomfortable being alone with him.

She blamed Tia for her being in the hospital, and she couldn't seem to separate him from her because they were together, so he became invisible to her.