TEN

Tommie walked around the house like a zombie. The silence killed her. She was left alone with nothing but her thoughts. She sat in the living room staring at her missed calls.

Tia called her fifteen times in a row, and although she missed her, Tommie could never forget what she did. She had nothing to say to Ace or Tia. Not yet.

She fought the urge to revert back to her old life, to her old self. Getting over Ace was getting easier each day, but she had to remain strong.

She looked around Scrapp's house and imagined the life she could have with him. The life she deserved to have.

Scrapp walked into the house close to midnight. He stayed with Tru going over the details of the Houston trip. It was hard for him to think about leaving Tommie again, but it was something he had to do.

He learned over the years that Tru didn't understand the word "no," but Scrapp wanted this to be his last run. He was going to talk to Tru about getting out of the game permanently.

As he walked towards the living room, he saw Tommie sleeping on the couch. He lightly placed a kiss on her lips waking her up. "Hey, baby."

"Hi, you just got home?" she asked struggling to see in the dark room.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. My meeting with Tru ran longer than I expected."

"That's okay. You're here now. That's all that matters," she smiled.

"About that, T, I have to go on a business trip tomorrow. It'll only be for about two days, and then I'll be home."

Tommie sat on the couch with her hands on her head. She felt like she was in the same relationship she just got out of.

"Why the fuck did you bring me out here, Scrapp? I could have stayed at home for all this bullshit," she said walking into the kitchen.

"I know, and I'm sorry. The last thing I want you to think is that I'm anything like that bitch ass nigga cause I'm not. My job is really demanding right now. That's something that I can't control."

"That is the same shit Ace used to tell me."

"Tommie, I promise after I get back I'm gonna take some time off. I love you. I know we haven't spent a lot of time together, but I feel like our souls are connected somehow. I want nothing more than to be with you. I just need a little more time," Scrapp pleaded.

Tommie, felt like her life was on repeat. She loved Scrapp, but she used to be in love with Ace too. Every time he made a promise to her, he broke it, and she felt like she was setting herself up to fail again, but she had no other choice. She had to trust in Scrapp. He stayed by her side when she needed someone the most, so she had to stay by his no matter what.

"Scrapp, I'm trying to hold on. All of this is new for me. Ace is all I know, but I want to let the past go and focus on our future, so I'll be fine here. I'll just watch TV or something."

"You can go out, Tommie. You are not in prison," he laughed, "I know you were consumed with Ace and his life, but I want you to have your own life too. You need to relearn everything about yourself. You're not that nigga's shadow anymore."