THREE

The empty streets echoed as Scrapp drove. The sound of his tires gliding across the pavement was the only thing that could be heard.

He couldn't get Tommie off his mind. There was something about her, and he needed to find out what it was.

"So what was up with 'ol girl?" Stevie asked rolling a blunt.

"Nothing, I guess. She got a nigga, or at least that's what she told me."

"Her girl was on me though." Stevie sparked the blunt and let the smoke saturate his lungs.

Smoking weed was like breathing to him.

"She was a trip," Scrapp laughed, "That's the next one?"

"Naw, I wasn't really feeling her. Her girl was looking right. You should've got on her,"
Stevie said passing Scrapp the blunt as he pulled up in front of his two-story condo.

Scrapp parked next to his gold Lexus ISF. The two passed the blunt back and forth until only ashes remained, and they sat in the car allowing the weed to take over their bodies as silence penetrated the air.

"So what's up for tomorrow?" Stevie asked.

"Shit, I can't call it. I'ma hit you though. Money don't stop cause we do, so I know we gon' have something to do, feel me?"

"Yep, Hit me."

$$$$$

The night air caressed Scrapp's face as he thought about Tommie. He couldn't get her off of his mind, and he didn't know why, but he had to shake it off.

He had too many bitches to stress one. Scrapp pulled into his driveway as the four-car garage opened on the side of his two-story house.

He parked his Infiniti and walked to the front to check his mailbox before going inside.

The various bills and solicitations only distracted his thoughts for a second. He pulled out his phone and looked at his missed calls.

404-710- 0316 Tommie Jones.

Scrapp stared down at the number and contemplated on whether he should call her. He wasn't sure how she would respond to him taking her number, but he had to give it a chance.

$$$$$

Tia and Tommie got back to the house at 4 a.m.

They stopped at Waffle House after leaving Envy to get something to eat.

Tia's pill had her starving, but the All Star breakfast she devoured didn't soak up any of the alcohol she still had in her system.

She felt drunker than she did at the club.

Tommie held Tia up as she wobbled her way up her cobblestone driveway. Once they made it inside, Tia couldn't make it up the two flights of stairs that led to her bedroom, so Tommie laid her down in the guest room. She took off Tia's shoes and put her hair in a ponytail just in case she had to throw up.

Tia was too nauseous to change her clothes, so she laid in the queen sized bed sleep in her $500 dress.

After getting Tia situated, Tommie changed her clothes and put on one of Ace' old shirts.