SEVEN

3 months later....

Tommie woke up with bright lights shining in her face. She had no idea where she was or what had happened.

All she knew was her body ached as she attempted to sit up, but the IV in her left arm and her torso being tightly wrapped with white gauze kept her from moving too much.

She scanned the room and saw Scrapp asleep on a pull out bed alongside various assortments of flowers that filled the room and "Get Well Soon" balloons. She needed answers.

"Where am I?" she asked herself.

Scrapp stirred in his sleep at the sound of her voice.

Tommie had been put in a medically induced coma for three months.

Although, the doctors were able to stop the hemorrhaging, they later discovered that she suffered from brain trauma, so the medication allowed Dr. Williamson to monitor her brain activity without any stress to her body.

Scrapp stayed with her every single day; he became a permanent fixture at the hospital.

Tia stopped by a few times but soon stopped. She was scared they would link her to Ace.

"Scrapp?" Tommie's voice was scratchy from being asleep for three months.

Scrapp jumped out of the cot as if he saw a ghost. He stared at her like it was his first time seeing her again. He was used to their one-sided conversations, but he was glad she had come to. Her weakened spirit seemed stronger.

"Hey, you feel okay?" he asked not wanting to scare her.

"Yeah, I'm just a little sore. How long have I been here?"

Scrapp stared at her as if the question was foreign to him. "Three months."

"Three months? What the fuck happened?"

"Let me get the nurse, Tommie."

Scrapp walked out of the room and ran to the nurses' station. After explaining what happened, an older light-skinned nurse flew into the room in absolute disbelief.

"Usually, the doctor would make the decision to take someone out of the type of coma she was in. It is very rare for the patient to come out on their own," the nurse said to Scrapp as she checked Tommie's vitals in amazement.

"Hey there, I'm nurse Erica. I've been your nurse while you've been here, sweetie." She pulled her stethoscope from around her neck and checked Tommie's heartbeat.

"Everything looks good. Let me go get the doctor." Erica left the room with Tommie still trying to piece together the last three months of her life.

"Scrapp, seriously, what happened? Where's Tia and Ace?"

"Tia brought you to the hospital. You had some internal bleeding and brain trauma. The doctors decided that it would be best if you rested."

"For three fucking months?"

"You almost died," Scrapp said grabbing her hand.