FIFTEEN

Scrapp pulled his Benz out of the driveway and made his way downtown to Tru's office. Tru sounded anxious over the phone, and he wouldn't discuss anything with Scrapp, so he had no idea what he was walking into.

The sound of Scrapp's phone snapped him back from his thoughts; it was Tommie. She called him every chance she got. He missed her more than words could explain. He was lost without her.

"Hello?"

"Hey," she said caught off guard. She would call, knowing he wouldn't pick up, just to hear his voice on his voicemail.

"How you doing?"

"Horrible. Baby, I miss you. I am so sorry for everything. I would never want to jeopardize what we're trying to build. I wanna come home," Tommie whined.

"I miss you too. A nigga can't even lie; I haven't been able to function. I wanted to call you, but I just didn't know what to say."

"Just say you love me."

"I love you, Tommie. Will you come home?"

"Of course," she yelled.

"I have this meeting to go to."

"I know."

"What you mean?" Tommie asked confused.

"I meant I knew you would be busy. You haven't been answering my calls," Tommie said trying to change the subject.

"Oh, but yeah, can you meet me at the house in a couple hours?"

"Yes, baby."

"Okay, I'll see you later then."

"Scrapp, I love you."

"I love you more, baby."

$$$$$

Scrapp felt on top of the world after talking to Tommie. He felt like himself again. Now that his head was right, he was ready for whatever Tru had to say.

Suddenly Stevie pulled alongside of Scrapp's car with SAS in the passenger seat.

"What's up, nigga?" Scrapp yelled over Stevie's pounding stereo system. The 15s in his trunk made the block rumble.

"Ain't shit. You look like you've been brought back from the dead, nigga," he laughed.
Scrapp's flawless thirteen carat diamond chain shined against his crisp white Adapt t-shirt.

"You know I had to bounce back, boy. My wife is home, so a nigga's straight."

"Oh, forreal? I thought that shit was dead?"

"I love her, blood."

"That's what's up," Stevie said putting his car in drive, "Let's get inside, bruh, before Tru starts tripping." He parked his car on the street, and Scrapp followed right behind him.

After they parked, SAS made his way out of Stevie's Lexus with a blunt in hand. He seamlessly emptied out the bag of weed inside the swisher, rolled and sealed it before they entered the building.