Epilogue

~~Five beautiful years later~~

"Steele!" I scold the little boy. "Be nice to your sister. Dad is going to be home any minute and you know how much he hates it when you guys fight."

I hear the door to the apartment shut. "Your mother is right," Sam walks into the room and gives me a kiss. "Now what are we fighting about this time?" Sam sits against the couch in between the two children.

I smile knowing he's got this taken care of so I head to the kitchen to finish dinner.

"Charlotte took my Captain Boomerang action figure!" Steele complains.

"I just wanted to play," little Charlotte says innocently.

"Well did you ask to play?" Sam asks Charlotte.

"No, she just came and took him," Steele grunts. He crosses his arms over his chest. Man he is just like his father. Yup, that's right. Sam and I finally decided on a name. It took a week, but we decided on Steele Matthew Coulter after Eric's and his own steel grey eyes.

"Charlotte you can't just take Steele's toys without asking," Sam tells her.

"I'm sowwy," she pouts. This is about the time that I step in. Charlotte has Sam wrapped around her little finger. So I usually step in to be the bigger man.

"That's okay sweetheart, just remember to ask next time," he kisses her cheek. "And Steele, if she ever does take your toys, just ask nicely for her to give them back okay?" Sam ruffles Steele's blonde hair.

Well that wasn't too bad.

"Okay Dad," he starts to laugh when Sam rubs his scruffy neck in the crook of Steele's to tickle him. "Dad!" Steele squirms around.

Sam has Steele pinned to the ground in a playful manner when Charlotte joins in. She hops on her daddy's back when he cries out jokingly, "Oh no! I'm being attacked! Help me!"

"Sh!" I whisper yell from the kitchen half laughing. "You're gonna wake Flynn!"

And then comes the crying.

"Oops," Sam tilts his mouth in a half frown. "Sorry Soph. I got it," he jogs to our bedroom before I can.

"Come on you two. Dinner's ready," I tell my children.

Sam comes walking back into the kitchen with little Flynn in his arms. His hair is ruffled and there's a big smile on his face. You would never know he was just crying.

"Look who's up," Sam's playful voice dances through the air. He smiles down at the little boy who laughs when Sam kisses his cheek.

"Here I've got his high chair," I pull it into its spot against the table.

Steele and Charlotte take their seats too. As Sam puts Flynn in his chair, I hand out the plates of food, giving the smallest to the kids, the medium sized to me, and of course the larger one to Sam.

I've got blueberries for my one year old. It seems to be the only thing he'll eat at the moment.

It's a normal night. After Sam gets home from work I always have dinner ready. Sam tells funny stories to the kids who laugh and laugh until their bellies hurt and they can't eat anymore.

He's so great with them. It's so great how life can turn out to be so good sometimes.

I've got a handsome 5 year old son, Steele Matthew Coulter. He's a big ball of energy and character. He reminds me so much of his father. The grey eyes, the blonde hair that's shaved on the sides, the attitude, his stubbornness. Not one day goes by where I don't think of Eric because I've got this mini me of him that I have the joy of raising every day.