Chapter 34

"Hey Sam how ya doin?" I ask, barging into his apartment.

I just hear a groan from the couch. He sits up and rubs his eyes. "I stopped throwing up," he says as a positive.

"I mean, like, how ya doin, ya know," I try to explain but I don't want to physically say it.

"I'm fine," he nods like he wishes he never let me find out.

"Is there anything I can do for ya?" I ask.

"Yeah, just sit and talk with me for a little bit," he pats the seat on the couch next to him.

I sit next to him with a sigh.

"What's wrong?" He sits back against the couch.

"Ugh, Eric likes to jump to conclusions. He thought we had sex last night and that's why I showed up late," I tell him.

"I wish," he pouts. I turn and laugh at him. He furrows his eyebrows and stretches his hand out to touch my ear. "So, you got em," he points out.

"Yeah," is all I say.

"Hm," he nods.

"That's it? 'Hm'?" I mock him kind of upset. "Do you like them?"

"Yeah?" he says like he's unsure of it.

"So that's a no?"

"I mean it doesn't look terrible, but I still think you looked great without them," he shrugs.

"You have tattoos though, how could you not like me getting piercings?"

"Guys are different."

"How?" I ask, starting to get heated.

"I don't know. They just are," Sam shrugs. "Girls like you are naturally beautiful. I'm not trying to be rude. You know how I feel about you."

"I know. I just thought you'd be more accepting with me, no matter what."

"I didn't reject it, did I?" He asks.

"Well, no but-" he cuts me off.

"You could dye your hair pee yellow, shave one of your eyebrows, and get a bull nose ring and I would still love you for you," he laughs making me laugh. "Does Eric like them?"

"Yeah, he said they suit me well," I smile, wiggling my ears with my fingers. He smiles at me and just stares which makes me smile bigger. "Stop," I laugh, shoving his shoulder.

"What?" He chuckles.

"Stop looking at me like that. You know I have a boyfriend," he shrugs, unimpressed.

"Speaking of which, you still haven't told me how he is in bed," he raises an eyebrow. He crosses one leg across the other and stretches his arms out along the back of the couch.

"Who said you needed to know?"

"I did."

I sigh, contemplating whether I should give in or not.

"He's great," I roll my eyes. Maybe if I keep it simple he'll be satisfied with that.

"And?" He presses on.

"I don't know," I laugh nervously.

"Don't hold back. I know your style," he winks.

I blush, "Okay! Okay!" My cheeks start to hurt from smiling. Weird stutter noises start to come out of my mouth. I don't even know where to start.

Sam laughs really hard at my stuttering. "Here let me help you," he pauses for a moment to think. "Gentle or rough?"

"Gentle," I smile.