Chapter 22

** SOPHIA'S POV**

Monday morning had rolled around and I was getting ready for my training. I have already moved into my apartment and because I have no furniture yet, I leaned against the counter waiting for Four to pick me up.

After a few minutes, a knock came at my door. I swiftly opened it and Four took my hand. I was going to step outside but he pulled me inside my own apartment. He kicked the door shut and to my surprise, he pinned me against the wall, gently might I add, and kissed me. I didn't hesitate to kiss back but I was very confused.

He removed his lips from my but kept his forhead glued to my own. "Sorry. It's just. As soon as we walk through those training room doors, I am no longer your boyfriend, but your trainer." He kissed me again for a couple seconds but once again, he pulled his lips from mine. "But you better believe at the end of the day I'm back to being overprotective boyfriend," he smirked, "and he's quite sexy."

I shoved him off of me, "Oh don't get too cocky now."

He chuckled and lead me out the door. He continued to hold my hand but as we got closer to the training room he let go, and training began.

6 hours later, and I have come to conclude that training to be an instructor is basically initiation all over again, just 10 times harder.

"So in the mornings we'll condition and work on your combat skills. After lunch is when I'll teach you the instructor aspect. That's when you'll learn how to teach initiates to fight, explain how to hold a gun, throw a knife. It's when you'll understand all the rules of initiation. Stuff like that," Four had explained to me earlier this morning before we started.

"Let's go eat," Four says, bringing me a bottle of water, "when we get back we'll start learning the rules."

I just nodded, feeling my lungs burn and my throat was on fire. The ice cold water felt good on my sweaty hands and I could feel it flow through my body as I chugged it all down.

Today, there's... hamburgers... No surprise. That's all Dauntless eats, I swear. Four got me a plate full of food but after a big workout, just looking at it made me want to puke.

I pushed the plate away but Four pushed it back, "You need to eat," he demanded.

I pouted knowing he's right. I managed to eat half of my burger and a hand full of fries.

"Ready?" Four asked when we were both done.

I nod and he takes my hand and guides me back to the training room.

~~

Who knew a person could spend 7 hours talking and explaining some of the rules for initiation. I didn't even know there were so many rules and there's still more to learn!

Four and I just ended training and we're now heading to dinner. Oh look more hamburgers. I sigh and grab a big salad. Not only do I surprise Four, but I surprise myself. I don't think I've ever thought about having a salad and then all of a sudden I want one.

Four and I are sitting at a table that is a little farther away from where I usually sit. I scan the room looking for Anna and Jake, hoping they aren't here. My eyes land on them, though, and let out a sigh. I slump a little in my chair but I don't take my eyes off of my two friends.

I feel Four's hand land on my knee and he rubs up and down my thigh, "Hey. Everything okay?"

I debate on telling him yes but that's not how I want this relationship to go.

I place my hand over his and shake my head. "Not really. I mean, Anna and Jake were my only friends and now that they are together, they never notice me or talk to me anymore. I don't want to break them up but I just wish things went back to the way they were before."