Chapter 3

The sound of metal on metal rang through the initiates dorm. Man do I love the sight of this. A few fell off their beds while others shoved pillows over their head. I smirked because a few of the girls stood up and did nothing, clearly waiting for Four and I to leave so they could change. I really wanted to stay and make them even more uncomfortable but Four said, "Come on. We don't need them to think we're perves." God I hate him so much. He is so stupid for not taking up leadership. I don't know why he didn't. I mean he was first in our initiation but turned it down. What an idiot.
We went to breakfast and I was met with Max, Aaron and Lauren. Sarah must still be interviewing other factions and their leaders. She is the Dauntless leader that gets inside and does all the dirty work on getting to know what's going on.
"Morning Eric, how are the initiates," asked Max.
"Well, most are surprised and angry that they have to be up at 5:30 to eat and train at 6," I said. I gave a nod to Aaron and Lauren to show I saw them. Although I wish I didn't have to see Lauren.
"So did you notice any cute initiates?" Asked Lauren which made me receive a nudge from Aaron.
"Hell no," I said. I mean Amity is pretty but no way was I getting close to anyone.
"Mhmm, sure," she said and laughed with Aaron.
"Well I've got to go train some transfers so I'll see you guys later," I said grabbing an apple and walking off. I walked to the training room and started to set up since Four wasn't here yet. I was setting up the knives when I heard the door open and close behind me. I figured it was Four so I yelled "When do you plan on starting the fights?" After a few seconds of no response I turned around to see Amity looking at me confused.
"I thought you were Four," I said to her a little embarrassed. Where the heck was he though!?
"Oh." Is all she said before walking over to me. "Is there anything I can help you with?" She asked. Was she being serious. I'm surprised she hasn't even run out the door yet. Did I not scare her?
"Ummm. Well you can roll over the cart of guns over here," I was a little nervous around her. Why?
She nodded and walked over to get it. I watched her struggle to push it. I couldn't help but let out a little laugh as she grunted. She looked at me after I laughed and smiled. I made my way over to her and stood next to her and pushed with her. We successfully got it over to where I wanted so I checked my watch and it said 5:58. The initiates should be here any minute.
I walked over to one of the long walls and started to hang up the targets for knife throwing. Just as I started though, a couple initiates walked in and Amity started talking to them. I wish I could hear what they were saying but all I heard were whispers and when I glanced over at them, Amity was blushing and the rest of them were laughing and nudging her.
6:00 came and Four walked in with all the initiates. When he walked up to me I asked, "Why didn't you show up?"
"I saw you leave and figured it was to here. I also decided today is day one of training here for them so I made sure they made it here on time."
All I did was walk away. He makes me so angry sometimes I can't even stand it. Four made the introduction about the 3 stages. Then he started with the punching bags and showed them some moves, I didn't really pay attention though, I was playing with a knife.
After he showed them moves, we sent them off to the punching bags. Four and I walked around, inspecting everybody. I stopped behind Amity and studied her movement.
"Your punches would be sharper if you kept your core tighter," I said putting my hand on her stomach. "That will get better after we start conditioning you," This time I said looking into her eyes.
"Thanks," she said focusing back on the punching bag. I nodded and kept walking.

******************************

Lunch passed and we were back in the training room, about to throw knives. Four demonstrated and released them to get knives and try it out.
"These are not used to harm your peers though. If I find out you harmed someone with this," I gestured to the knife, "I will have no hesitation to kick you out!"
I found myself behind Amity again. Right after she threw it I said, " Impressive. Again you would have a sharper throw if you kept your core tighter. And here," I moved her elbow up a little more, " keep your elbow up." She nodded and threw it just how I told her to. It hit dead center and she turned around with a big smile on her face. I nodded and said, "Keep up the good work."
After about a half hour of knife throwing, Four decided I shouldn't be the one to explain how to use a gun. Something about how he thinks I might shoot one of them if I get angry?... Anyway when Four was done talking he instructed them to grab a gun and run up to the roof. After lunch Four and I set up the targets so everything is good to go.
This time, after I helped the candor girl, I was called over by Amity who asked for help.
"I don't think I'm doing this right," she half stated and half questioned.
"Well, your stance isn't wide enough," I started to kick her feet into the right place, "and your holding the gun like you have T-rex arms." She straightened her arms all the way out. "Well that's a little too much," I said adjusting her arms for her. "There. Now aim and shoot." She did as I said and hit right on the first ring. She just wasn't ready for the recoil so she flew back into my chest and almost fell but I caught her before she hit the ground.
"Why do I always find myself saying thank you to you?" She smiled and asked me, straightening her shirt that I kinda messed up to catch her. Before I could respond, Four called me over to him.
"So what do you think?" He asked me.
"I think we should do all conditioning tomorrow morning and then re-go over all the fighting techniques all after lunch. Then the next start the fights."
"I was thinking the same thing," he said and walked away.
"Initiates! That's enough for today! Go eat dinner and then you are free to do whatever you'd like for the rest of the night!" I yelled.

Thank you to all who are reading! Don't worry things will pick up, I have a plan! As always please vote and like and comment your thoughts!