Chapter 2

I had no desire to be with these damn initiates but I was overseeing their training, so I followed behind the group as we showed them around. I couldn't help but stare at Amity a couple of times. She was very pretty but I probably won't date her.
My thoughts were interrupted by Four, "Eric. Will you please finish the tour and lead them to the cafeteria. Skip the dorms I will show them that after dinner. Lauren just told me there is a problem in one of the dorms."
I sighed and glanced over at Lauren. "Ya I guess." I walked up to the front of the crowd, "Alright! Everybody follow me!"
"Where is Four?" A candor girl asked.
"Four's not here right now so you all can get over that." I glanced at Amity, she had fear in her eyes. "Now let's go and I'll show you the chasm."
I led them to the chasm and heard a few gasps. "This is the chasm. Many people slip and fall or they jump. Either way you end up dead so you better be goddamn careful. It's happened before and it will happen again." I started to walk away but just to make sure I turned around to count only... 15? I told everyone to wait right there as I walked back to the chasm. "Initiate!" I yelled. It was Amity. She looked like she was admiring the beautiful waves of the chasm. "What are you doing?" I demanded. "Shouldn't you be with your group."
She looked at me glanced over my shoulder probably looking to see where the group went.
"Oh. Um. Sorry I just got... caught up," she managed to get out.
"Yes we can all see that. Now let's go," I ushered her in the direction of the group.
"There is a problem with the dorms," I shouted to the group," so Four will show you them after dinner. You already saw the pit and the chasm so that leaves the cafeteria." I lead them to the cafeteria and immediately split from them to go get food. I didn't see anyone at the table yet. Great. I get to sit alone for awhile.
I was sitting eating my burger when Lauren and Aaron sat down. I'm so glad this was a leaders table only. Lauren glanced at me but didn't say a word. Aaron looked between us. "Okay. What's going on between you too?" He asked.
I took the last bite of my burger and in between chews I said, "Nothing." I stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. I was really tired even though it was only 5:30. I went back to my dorm and put on a movie. Although that didn't last very long because I was out in probably 5 minutes.

     **********************************

I woke up and glanced at my clock. It was 3:27. Thank God I didn't have a dream about Natalia tonight. I couldn't fall back asleep so I got up and got dressed. I walked to the chasm because the rest of Dauntless was still asleep. I got there and saw Amity sitting with her legs dangling over the edge. At least she was on the side with the bars to keep her from falling.
I wasn't going to go back to my room, so I simply walked up and sat down next to her. I could see out of the corner of my eye she was staring at me like I was crazy. I tried to keep my eyes on the water but she was still looking at me so I turned my head and looked at her. She gave me a small smile but I only looked at her. Neither of us dared to speak but the old Erudite in me was needing to know something. "What are you doing up?" I asked trying not to sound too strict.
"Couldn't sleep," she said simply. I nodded to show I understood. Initiation is rough especially if you are a transfer. "I'm just really worried about training."
"Ya." Is all I managed to say. Ya? Really Eric. Smooth. She finally broke the the staring between us.
"You should probably go back and at least try and get some sleep. Training starts in a couple hours and you need to stay on top of your sleep." She nodded and stood up. So did I. I was bored of being here already. "I'll walk you back."
We walked in silence until we got to the dorms. "Thank you," she whispered and I returned it with a nod. She turned around and walked right in. God. I didn't even get her name. Oh well I'll get it in training later. I stood there for a second not sure of what to do now.

Thank you guys for reading I really appreciate it! I also want to know what you think and what ideas you have. I'll try to get another update in later today.