Chapter 5

Its been 4 days and I haven't talked or even made eye contact with Sophia, but I have thought about her. A LOT. She's been on my mind all day, all night, everyday.

Today is the last day of stage one, which means final fights. As the initiates filed in, I flipped around the board with the fights on it.

"Alright initiates. Today is your final fight. First up is Alex and Curtis," I motioned for them to start. It was a decent fight but I didn't pay attention much. I was worried for Sophia's fight. She was going to fight Shane who was a good match for her...if she was a foot taller and 80 pounds heavier.

All the fights were done leaving Sophia and Shane. They stepped up to the ring and circled each other. Shane threw the first punch which was a mistake because he put down his other arm leaving his stomach open. She took the advantage and kneed him in the stomach and dodging his punch. Before she could react, he picked her up and threw her to the ground, her head hitting the ground with a loud bang. Then, he climbed on top of her and punched her a couple times. I watched her struggle against him, until the last punch he threw made her body go limp.

"Everyone to dinner now!" I yelled, "Don't forget you have tomorrow off and rankings will be put up after dinner!" I turned my attention to Four now, "Four you can get started on the rankings I'll take her to the infirmary."

He nodded at me before wheeling the chalkboard to the backroom. I walked over to Sophia and picked her up. On the walk to the infirmary, I tried to think about what I would say when she woke up.

It's been almost 4 hours and the rankings should be going up any minute. But because it was 10:00, the nurse came in, "Eric, your going to have to leave now. Visiting hours are over."

"Victoria please. Let me stay a little longer." I pleaded. I really wanted to be there when she woke. I just wanted to make sure she was okay.

Victoria sighed, "Eric, you haven't even eaten. Go eat and get some sleep. Come back in the morning."

"No," I confidently stated, "I'm not leaving."

"Eric. I have to lock up so I guess you can either stay the night here or you can leave now and come back in the morning."

I didn't say anything I just adjusted myself in the chair to indicate I wasn't getting up.

"Fine," was all Victoria said before she walked out.

I stared at Sophia, taking in all her features. Her hand twitched a little and I grabbed it, yawning. I closed my eyes thinking Sophia will sleep through the night, so I can move my hand before she wakes up.

                         Sophia's POV

I woke up with the biggest headache. It was dark so I'm guessing it was nighttime. I went to move my hand to my head but there was something heavy stopping it. I tried to move my head to the right to see who was there but it hurt like hell to do so. I didn't have to move my head far though to recognize the shiny piercings the man wore. Why was he here though? I've tried to get his attention for the past few days but never once looked at me.

I sneezed creating a humongous pain in my head, I couldn't help it I let out a groan. Eric jolted awake, removing his hand from mine immediately.

"How do you feel?" He asked sounding concerned.

"Like shit," I groaned again.

He sighed, "What hurts most?"

"My neck and head."

"I wish I asked the nurse what medicine to give you if you woke up. I'm sorry," he whispered.

"It's fine," I didn't want to make him feel bad, at least he was sitting with me. "What are you doing here? Why aren't you at your place?"