Chapter 15

**ERIC'S POV**

I'm ready to open the door when there is a knock again, but the knock was different. More abrupt now. Confused, I open the door, not to find Sophia, but to the transfer Jake? I think that's his name. He's sweaty and breathing heavily. I'm starting to get annoyed but there is a little pain in my stomach, worried about what I'm about to be told.

"What is it initiate?" I ask.

"Sophia...she's...chasm..." he stopped to catch his breathe but I didn't wait for anything else. I pushed him out of the way and sprinted to the chasm. My heart was beating fast as many senerios flew through my head.

I reach the entrance to the bridge and there is a crowd forming from all the drunks at the bars. "MOVE!" I yell as I push my way through the crowd. I ignore all the stares and find my way to the center of the crowd where it's wide open with an unconscious brunette laying on the ground. My heart skips a beat at the sight of this. I run up and kneel beside her. First I check her heartbeat to make sure she's still alive. It's slow, but it's still there. I turn back around and face the crowd. "You!" I point at the initiate that came to get me. "Go get the doctors! Now!" I order.

I caress her head in my hands and examine the gashes across her face. She has a huge bloody scratch on her forehead that runs down her left temple and her jawline. Blood covers her face with a few more scratches here and there.

I let my eyes roam down a little farther and notice finger nail marks along her neck, like somebody tried to choke her. A lump is starting to form in my throat and I can feel tears come to the surface of my eyes. I push them back though, stand up, and yell, "Everyone out! Now!" I was so frustrated that some idiot would do this.

I continued my search for wounds but only found a bunch more of finger nail marks on her arms, legs, and sides. I also found a handful of bruises here and there but nothing seemed to be serious.

By the time I was done examining Sophia, everyone had left and the doctors still hadn't shown up. I started to grow worried and impatient so I just carefully picked Sophia up myself and sprinted to the infirmary. I could feel her twitching and groaning under me. As I was turning a corner, I bumped into something. I looked up for a second to see a doctor and the initiate but took no time and started sprinting again. "Come on!" I ordered. I didn't have to look back to know they were following me because I heard the boys heavy footsteps and the doctors heavy breathing.

I busted through the infirmary's glass door and sprinted to the closest open room. I layed her down in the bed gently but soon after I ushered the doctor over to her quickly. He didn't even say anything just took out a needle and shoved it into her arm. "What are you doing?" I asked, letting the nerves get the best of me.

Again he didn't say a word, just hooked up a bag of clear liquid to her arm. Next, he hooked up a machine for her heart beat, before finally saying, "You two are going to need to leave now." I looked over at the quiet initiate, who had tears staining his cheeks. He nodded and left while I stood my ground. "Sir," he sighed, "I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Don't worry, she will be okay."

"No," I shrugged. "I'm not leaving until she's ready to leave."

He sighed again, took his glasses off, then put them in his shirt pocket. "Eric," he looked at me sadly, "you're a leader. Shouldn't you go handle the scene of the accident? Maybe check the security cameras?"

"I'm sure Max and Four have that covered," I stated. I crossed my hands in front of me and puffed my chest to make me look bigger. Although, I don't know if that's possible.

"Fine. Suite yourself," He said before walking out. I looked around for a chair and pulled it up next to the bed like I had the last time she was here. I take a minute to look at Sophia's injuries again. Her head is still bleeding so I take off my cotton shirt and hold it to her head. Without my shirt, this leaves me in just a leather jacket. Oh well. I take my other hand and stroke her cheek. The finger nail marks have grown redder and puffier.