Chapter 33

**SOPHIA'S POV**

I knock on Sam's door. It's awfully quiet in there and all I hear is the clanging of glass. I decide to just let myself in since he never came to answer the door.

"Sam?" I gasp, walking up to the couch. He's got beer bottles and cans everywhere. Most of the empty cans are smashed and a couple bottles look like they were thrown at the wall because there is shattered glass in some spots.

"That's me," he slurrs.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my jaw still open.

"One thing you should know about me, I drink when I'm upset," he slurrs with his eyes barely open. "But shhh," he holds his finger to his lips, "Don't tell anyone."

"What could make you so upset that would drink all of this?" I eye the room and there's at least 10 empty cans/bottles laying around the room, not counting however many are broken.

"Well isn't it obvious?" He drains back the rest of the bottle in his hand and angrily chucks it at the wall.

I let out a yelp and cover my head with my hands. "No?"

I sit next to him on the couch seeing that I could be here for a while. He leans forward to the coffee table and struggles to pick up another can. It takes him some time to wrap his hand around it and get it open but once he does he takes a long gulp.

"Sam. What is wrong?" I ask worried.

"Sophia you wouldn't understand!" He yells frustrated.

"I can try, just tell me," my voice sounds soft compared to his booming slurrs.

"First off, you're so fucking beautiful I can't congregate on anything," he slurrs.

"You mean concentrate?" I chuckle.

I watch him gulp down some beer, half of it running down his chin. He pulls the can away from his mouth and wipes his chin with the back of his hand.

"Potato, tomato. Same thing," he waves his hands around.

"Mhm. Right. Potato, tomato. Same thing," I try to hold in my laugh.

"Yeah. Anyway," he drags on and tips his head all the way back leaving it there.

After a couple seconds of silence I say, "Sam?"

He whips his head back up. "Huh?" He looks around confused.

"Is that all that's making you upset?" I chuckle again.

"Now that I think about it, I don't think Eric really likes me," he shakes his head.

"And what makes you think that?"

"He always gives me these death glares whenever I'm around you."

"Well ignore them then, I already talked to him about it. He's just nervous about losing me again," I explain.

"But there's more," he groans.

"Just tell me," I groan back.

"If I tell you, you have to promise not to make a big deal out of it," he points a finger at me.

"Okay I promise."

He brings the can up to his lips but stops to say, "Put your hands up in the air and say it." I look at him confused while he chugs the rest of his beer can. "Do it!" He yells angrily while crushing the can in his hand.

I quickly put my hands up in the air. "I promise I won't make a big deal out of whatever you have to say."

"Ever since I've met you and had feelings for, I've wanted you all for myself," he pause.