Chapter 31

The knock came at the door as I straightened the wine bottle for the last time.

I fixed my hair and dusted off my pants before opening the door.

"Hey," I say when I open my door. He leans in and kisses my cheek.

"Hi," he says. "I brought wine."

I snort, "Well looks like we'll have plenty of wine for tonight."

"Oh, oops," slants his lips when he realizes I have wine too.

"Please, sit down. Make yourself at home," I motion to the couch. He mumbles an okay and sits down. I follow suit and sit on his right.

"Wine?" I offer.

"Please." I pour two glasses for us and take a sip. "I thought you didn't like drinking?" He asks.

"So why did you bring it?" I laugh.

"I don't know," he laughs.

"I don't mind wine. It's the heavy drinking of alcohol I don't like," I say chuckling.

"So," I stop laughing and swirl my wine around in the cup.

"So," he mimicks.

"I'm sorry I left you like that. I left so quickly and I'm sorry," I apologize.

"Yeah well it was understandable. I know what I did was wrong and I treated you like shit. I took you for granted so I'm sorry too."

I nod, "Yeah I know you are. You've said that many times," I laugh. "I've heard a lot from your side but it's time you hear from me."

"Ok," he sits back a little more comfortingly. He pours himself another glass of wine.

"So that night you saw me on the roof with Four for the first time. And you were really mad that I made plans with him and you thought it was a date, but it wasn't. He was trying to comfort me from the breakup. So I just want you to know that."

"See and there I was overreacting again. I probably didn't listen to you either," he sighs.

"You didn't," I smile, "But that's okay. Because you had every right to be mad. That night we kissed." His jaw locks but then he takes a deep breath and another long sip of wine.

"I'm glad that's over," he says through gritted teeth.

"Yeah well, me too," I agree and pour more wine into my glass.

"So how did the breakup go?" He asks.

"Well I told you we both felt the same. For some reason it took me so long to figure out that he was just a rebound off of you. When you and I broke up, I had kissed him literally like the day after," I explain.

He just nods and frowns.

"Oh my God," I say frightened. "You're my rebound off Four. Oh my God. I broke up with Four and then kissed you the next day!" I'm starting to panic. "Eric I don't know if I can do this right now."

"Sophia calm down," he rubs my shoulder.

"I don't want things to end the same way. I don't want to rush things. Maybe I should take a break from dating. Give myself some time to figure myself out."

He sets his glass down on the coffee table. He turns to face me and shakes his hands in front of him. "No," he states firmly. "I've waited too long to get you back. I have a small grip on you now, I am not just gonna let you go!" He starts to panic too.

I take a deep, calming breath in and out. "Ok. Ok, calm down. We can figure this out." He takes a deep breath in and out too.

"Sophia, I really want to be with you," he begs.