la vita è dura , ma io sono toucher.

Life is tough, but I am tougher.

Hmm, to bad its complicated.

"Why aren't you at work?" I asked him.

"Decided to take the day off. Thanks to you and Autumn, I couldn't watch my morning cartoons in the living room."

"Why is that you're older, yet i'm still the mature one?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Because being mature is boring." He shrugged while eating the oreos in the jar. I still don't understand why Ma would but oreos if the dog's name is Oreo. That's just weird.

"By the way, this girl kept calling and she wanted to speak to you. I think her names Alena." Lucas turned to me and gave me that look.

"Stop looking at me like that, okay, its not even what it looks like." I shook my head, sitting on the stool.

"So, please explain to me, Dyl. She seemed pretty anxious to talk to you. She also seemed obnoxious." He sat on the stool next to me.

"Trust me, Alexis is just some girl, back in California." Lucas' eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"Who the fuck is Alexis?" I sighed and rolled my eyes. I stood up from the stool. I walked to the hallway at the back of the house and pulled up Alexis' contact. I pressed the green button and heard the phone ring.

When she picked up, the bittersweet voice filled my ears. "Finally, I was starting to think you were avoiding me."

~•~
Autumn came back down into the kitchen and she walked next to me at the stove.

"This smells amazing, don't tell me you can cook to." She mumbled.

"Yes I can. You wanna help me?" Autumn smiled.

"I love pasta." She squealed. "Don't you think that cooking pasta is a little cliché for an Italian?"

"Nope."

Soon Autumn and I were walking around the kitchen and she was helping me make lunch. For some reason, the conversation got onto Matt.

Not my favorite topic.

"I know he's not exactly on your nice list right now, but he's not a bad person, Dylan." Autumn told me from the counter.

"Well, I think that he is. Just answer me one question."

Autumn turned to me and raised her eyebrows. "Was he a good kisser?"

Autumns gaped at me. "What kind of question-"

"Ah ah ah, answer it." I squinted my eyes at her.

She sighed and shrugged. "I thought he was." She said quietly. I looked at her cautiously while stepping closer to her.

"Did he use tongue?" I asked her.

"Oh my gosh, Dylan." I raised my eyebrows at her. "Okay, yes he did." I kept walking forward towards her and she didn't notice until her back was pressed against the counter.

She froze at how close my body was to hers. "Did you like it?" I whispered. Autumn opened her mouth but nothing came out, so she just nodded her head.

Our bodies were pressed up against each other and I looked down at her lips. You don't know how bad I wanted to kiss her. Like really badly.