Officially Buddies

Start from the beginning

Slater kicked you hard in your spine, making you shake and yelp in pain. When you tried to get up, his foot smashed your head back to the floor. Slater was screaming at you as he continued to abuse your body on the floor. All you could do was protect your head as he kicked your face once again, then at your ribs, until the door to the house opened yet again.

It was quiet. Dead quiet.

"...Darling? What are you doing?" Mrs.Slater was home.

The man sweated silently, and you sobbed a little louder. Mrs.Slater's grip tightened on the knob. "Jonathan Green Slater! What on earth are you doing to this person?!"

"Honey, it was them! They-"

"Step away from them, John!" John did as he was told, quickly scampering away from your bruised body. Mrs.Slater rushed to your side and kneeled down, putting a comforting hand on your back. "Honey, can you hear me? I'm not going to hurt you... what happened?"

"Your husband," You said, shaking as you got on your knees, "has been sexually harassing me for weeks. I tried to quit and gave him my resignation letter, but then he started to scream and hit me. You walked in then, mam."

"Call me Delilah, sweetie. Come with me, I'll drive you home. I am so sorry about this." Delilah helped you to your feet, picking up your shoes and leading you towards the door. "You never have to come here again, honey. If you do, he won't be here anymore."

"Delilah, what do you-"

"It's exactly as it sounds, John," she snarled, putting a supportive arm around your back. "I want you out of this house immediately. I won't have this kind of behavior around my children. Next time I see you, you better have divorce papers." The woman walked you to her car, slamming the door behind her.

The woman helped buckle you in the car before going over to her seat. Meekly, you whispered out an apology. Delilah put a light touch on your leg, smiling at you. "No need to be sorry. Thank you for being so strong, hon."

You started crying again at that.

---

You waved as the car drove off, holding the paper tight in your hand. Delilah gave you her number so that you could have help pressing charges against her husband. When the car was out of sight, you wiped your burning eyes and sighed. You just wanted to lie down. You were so tired.

You messed with the knob of your house, then you realized it was locked. Right. You fumbled with your pockets of your maid uniform, not finding any keys. You sighed. You really didn't want G to see you like this, but you couldn't stay locked out of your house. Lightly, you knocked on the door, the hits hurting your weak hand. You remember Slater stomped on it at one point. You knew it wasn't broken, but it would be bruised for a long while.

When you didn't get an answer, you whined, and knocked harder. No one came.

He must not be home.

You tiredly leaned your head against the door, dropping down to your knees. You don't know why you were so upset today. You were used to those beatings by now. Maybe it was the relief that it was all over. That you didn't have to go there ever again. Well, you might to go thank Delilah.

You don't remember drifting off, but you were being shaken awake at one point. You blinked your eyes open, confused. It was dark out. How long have you been sitting here..?

"wanna tell me what the maid getup is all about? not that i'm one to complain, dollface." Oh, G was home. You pursed your lips together and kept your head facing the door, away from him.

"I forgot my keys." You cringed at your voice. It was hoarse and croaky from all the crying. Your throat was dry and sore. You heard fumbling behind you, before you heard the sound of keys jangling.

"kinda need you to move, sweetheart." Instead of responding, you reached your hand behind you for the keys. He dropped them in your hand and you tiredly unlocked the house. You dropped the keys on the floor, not bothering to pick them up as you headed inside.

When G got back on his feet from picking up the keys, you were wrapped in the big fluffy blanket you two called 'therapy blanket' and laying on the couch. G headed in the house, closing the door behind him as he walked around the couch and towered above your figure.

"___?" It was one of the rare times he actually said your name. You weakly chuckled at it. G sat on the coffee table's edge, placing a hand on your back that faced him. "sweetheart, why don't you look at me?" You shook your head. His grip was firmer on you. "let me see your face, doll."

You clearly hesitated. You fumbled in your spot. "...Promise you won't get mad?" G rose a brow.

"i don't quite like making promises, hon."

"Promise?" You urged him, tugging the blanket tighter around you. G sighed before letting his grip go and rubbed your covered arm instead.

"promise."

You turned around slowly, your face covered by the blanket. He removed it with ease, and took in your sight.

You looked away from him, but your eyes were blotchy and red. You had a black eye, dirt around your face and tear stains on your cheeks. Your cheek was also bruised, and a cut was over your lower lip. G frowned, his eyebrows creasing in worry. Lightly, he touched your cheek, making you wince as he rubbed off the dirt.

You had told G before about your maid job, and how you didn't really like your employers. He had guessed it was because they were bitchy or rude, but he would have never guessed this. G went back to rubbing your arm. "where else did they hurt you, sweetheart?"

You still avoided his gaze. He shook his head and grabbed your chin, forcing you to meet eyes with him lightly. "i'm not mad, i just wanna know where they hurt you. help me help you, sweetheart."

Somehow, his soft voice soothed you. You grabbed his hand, letting him see the big bruise there as well. He seemed to get more upset when he saw it, but kept silent.

"My ribs, back, stomach... he slammed my head on the ground, it hurts. It's not that bad, G. I'm just sore." You tried to assure him you were fine, but he just tightened the grip in your hands.

"this isn't okay at all. it will never be okay. you should have told me sooner."

"I didn't know if you would care," You replied, honestly. "Are we friends, G?"

He was stunned. Were you friends? Would he care? What kind of skeleton did you take him to be?

G put his other hand over your joined ones, kissing the back of your hand lightly.

"of course, doll." He closed his eyes, keeping your hands at the side of his face. You two stayed quiet, and G remembered something about himself.

He was never good at keeping promises.