That's Cheating

The Joker's Perspective:

So... whilst Harley has been having a tizzy with Empress...I've been kidnapped from my own home, taken to a warehouse, beaten with a crowbar, met someone who should've been dead but is somehow miraculously alive, been pounded by several thugs, had my jokes blatantly ignored rudely by said thugs, shoved back in a van and finally now arrived back at my front door. All caught up? Good. Now... let's see if Harley's still alive.

I opened the apartment door, closing it behind me. I strolled into the bedroom...what I saw...I can only describe as a boyfriend's worst nightmare.

Harley looked up at me with horror and embarrassment.

"Puddin! I...I can explain, this isn't what it looks like!" she tried to defend what my eyes clearly saw. She was lying on the bed...kissing Empress. That's what I saw. "You have to believe me...please!" she begged for me to believe her.

I picked up the revolver which was laying on the duvet next to them.

"I can forgive a lot of things you do, Harley. But this...this is inexcusable!" I pointed the gun at both of them. "Now I have to consider which one of you I should actually kill" I wasn't sure whether to be angry or sad. Or to just kill them both. Harley got up from the bed and tried to make me calm down. "After the 'fun' time I just had at a warehouse with Jerome...I didn't expect to come home and find you having sex with his cousin. Even worse is the fact that she tried to kill not just you, but me as well!" I was shrugging her adorableness off and just ignoring it. "It's almost as if you're trying to make me go even more insane than I already am."

"Don't be mad at Harley, I forced her into this." Empress bravely explained.

"And you...my most trustworthy mercenary...you've been working with me, protecting my ass for years and now I find you making out with my girl?" I adjusted the aim of the gun over to Empress. She was the one who was most deserving of a bullet at this point. "There's a line I cross, Emma...and you crossed it, and yet I shrugged it off. But I won't be making the same mistake twice." I braced my finger to pull the trigger, Empress got off the bed slowly...putting her hands up and calmly trying to change my mind.

I kept the gun firmly locked on her as she moved. I did let Harley come behind the aim of the gun though, she was innocent enough to live.

"You have every right to put a bullet through my head right now...but please let me explain myself." she pleaded.

"The gun remains pointed at you, you go no where near Harley. And you stay fucking still. That's the deal" I explained seriously.

"Very well, I respect your orders..." Empress swallowed nervously. "My cousin...Jerome, he wasn't dead when I found him. I managed to get him some help, phoned an ambulance and they took him to hospital. Whilst we were there...the doctor said he wouldn't make it. He said the only way was with a risk...injecting him with five millilitres of XOS chemical formula. That's over double the recommended amount, but he was dying anyway." "When he awoke from the operation...his eyes lit up bright blue, and he got straight up. He felt no pain, no tiredness, he was himself but...something was wrong. He ended up killing the doctor, the nurse and then found himself kneeling before me. Insisting I was his 'Empress' and that I must command him...that I must command everyone, and if I didn't then he would kill himself. The only thing that was clear in his mind is that Harley Quinn and Joker were the ones responsible for his death...so he went on a path of revenge and insisted I planned the entire thing. I made it all up, there was no ambush for Batman, and now Jerome is probably already dead or locked up in prison." she paused.

"Why are you telling us this?" Harley asked suspiciously.

"Because this isn't who I am. I want to stop this, I didn't want to hurt Harley...but the thought of losing my only surviving family...I couldn't help myself, my thoughts and inhibitions took over and for a brief moment I nearly ended up dead. Harley, she shot me in the leg, not the head. I feel no pain, I feel no power. Jerome won't argue against me because he only has thoughts of me doing terrible things. Terrible things that I would never consider doing...terrible things that don't deserve to be mentioned. And yet I did them, I did them to save his life. I corrupted myself to fit the role of his 'Empress' and soon became associated with the underlying fact: That I was a cold-hearted,ruthless serial killer who killed for pleasure and the suffering of others. That is not true, it will never be true. What I've done...it's always going to play on my mind. I got into this business for a reason: To kill bad people and get a large pay-check at the end of it...why would I take another life if their head is not on a contract? Why take another life for the sake of another's pleasure? I know that's the same type of relationship you two share...and I would never take that away from you. You're perfect together. You both love each-other."