Session 2

"Harley, you're forced to keep seeing me? What a punishment for you, right? I mean I know I could murder you at any moment but yet you still keep coming back for more! It's unfortunate that you feel you have to try and delve into my mind, if you go in too deep you may not like what you see or hear, just saying" he said it more seriously than normal.

Something was wrong. Either I heard him differently or it was a case of me slowly developing insanity...and quite possibly a love interest too. He somehow managed to manipulate me in such a way that I wanted to listen to his voice more and more. He was at least back in handcuffs, I managed to get the warden to believe that The Joker removed them himself...luckily nobody noticed that we...were kissing. We can't escape yet, it's way too obvious. But then my obsession to The Joker cannot become obvious either.

"Remember, I'm here to talk about you...not the other way around. I ask the questions, you don't ask the questions."

"Whatever you say, Doc" he said whilst crossing his arms and slouching on the chair.

"Why the clown theme? If I may ask" I wanted to know his inspiration, his motive.

His weird fashion sense might point me in the right direction.

"The clown look is so overrated, the typical funny man juggling balls and riding a unicycle. And oh so boring, so I decided that once I started carving smiles into people's face's that I should reflect the persona by putting on a mask of my own. Your smile...Miss Quinzel, it's the most fake part of the human emotions. Why not embrace that inner smile? I could help you, of course" he looks at me.

I don't like the look he's giving me. Not one bit. I shuffle in my seat uncomfortably.

"Not on a personal level, but anyway back to the story. So the act of drawing smiles onto people was fun, it brought a smile to my face every time. But it wasn't the same with paint...it had to be something more permanent,or the smile faded...typically paint wasn't very easy to work with either. Still, it was a good diversion when they thought it was red paint instead of blood. I used that to my advantage. Then I decided to use the clown theme more often, and soon it became part of my every-day routine!" the laughter...once again, the most spine chilling laughter I've heard.

"You wanted to make people laugh? Or did you just want them to smile? Sounds too sudden to me, if I'm honest"

"Well. If I'm honest, those shoes really don't go with your outfit. But I'm not complaining am I? But OK, to answer your question I wanted to get revenge for my parents. Who I murdered... but that's besides the point! The point was, I wanted some fun, I wanted to be free. To be like 'hey I can cut this guy's face open and you can't do a thing about it' and that's what happened. Then I started robbing banks, murdering people and I started having sex with incredibly beautiful women... and then murdering them" his laughter this time was more dark and cynical.

And at that point, my heart was in my mouth.

"Do you know what it feels like when you kill for the first time? It's an amazing feeling, you should try it. Would you kill someone if you had the chance to?" he asked me.

I actually don't know what to say to this clown anymore. I need to get out of this room. Argh! I need some time to think.

"I need to go to the bathroom, please excuse me"

"Take as long as you need, my dear" he said, smiling at me as I left the room and closed the door.

I looked through the window at him...he was waiting to do something, I knew it. I walked down the corridor to the entrance of the ladies toilets. I opened the door and closed it behind me. Walking up to the mirror above the sink I looked at myself, I looked deep and clearly into my sanity.