Reality

The Joker's Perspective:

This is the first part containing my thoughts? Honestly, I thought I was more important than my associated jester girl. But fine...if that's how it's gonna be...that's going to change. Right now.

This is too 'luvvy dubby' for me to be honest, it needs more fun. And I know exactly how to make my fun. I removed myself from the floor and stood up, cracking my back into place after producing a large stretch. Much better.

"Listen sweet-cheeks I'm all for your affection, truly but there's more important things we could be doing rather than cuddling on the floor"

Harley got up from the floor as well, dusting off her new clothing and reassembling her dignity. Such a sweet girl, right pain in my backside though.

"Like shopping?" she asked, squealing with excitement.

As if she thought I would say no to such a pretty little face.

"No." but I said it anyway, because I'm like that.

Harley's smile turned into a small disappointed frown.

"OK, so if we aint gonna go shoppin' what are we gonna do huh? We can't wait for B-man all day ya know, like you said, we got things ta do right?"

Oh Harley, your voice grates on me so much. But I love your enthusiasm and your commitment to everything I say and everything I ask you to do. Surprising that a girl like her would end up so mentally broken to fall in love with me, but then I am 'ill' so why should I be surprised.

"Then we make our own fun" I laugh sinisterly, picking up Harley's baseball bat which was left on the floor. "Here, you're going to need this"

I moved it towards her and she grabbed it from my hand. She felt the weight and feel of it and tried a few swings in the air.

"B-Man gon' get this bat right up his-"

I stopped her, putting my hand over her mouth to shut her up.

Outside, there was a cop looking through the window. Oh for god sake, really? I applaud their attempts at capturing me but really there's no point. Harley...on the other hand might be easier to capture. Hmm...that gives me an idea.

"Harley, there's a cop outside, think you can give him a good ol' one two for me?" I whisper to her, pointing at the cop seemingly unaware of what's happening inside.

"Sure thing, puddin. Won't be but a minute" she blew a kiss to me and I smiled at her.

She smashed through the door and stumbled outside. Ugh...why do I even bother? I thought I'd leave her to it though.

Harley Quinn's Perspective:

Laying on the floor, the police officer approaches me. My baseball bat had rolled away from my reach. This...wasn't going to go well...

"Harley Quinn, you're under arrest." the cop attempts to get a hold on me.

"I don't think so, my puddin will make sure you an' your entire squad are dead! He'll put a bullet right between ya brain. So don't touch Mistah J's girl, he won' be happy about it."

I waited for Mistah J to come and finish off this cop. But I could see him, just standing.

Watching. Not doing anything.

My heart shattered into pieces. Was I not important to him anymore? Or was this some master plan which required me to be bait?

"You let go of me ya hear? I will never be held in prison! I was a doctor! I'll break out, an' i'll find ya and then i'll kill you! You jus' see if I don't!"

I tried to struggle free as the officer was restraining me. He put handcuffs on my wrists. I was shoved into the back of the police car parked outside of the shop. I just kept staring at Mistah J's face. His lying, sorry-excuse for a boyfriend piece of shit face!

But how could I stay mad at him? He made me like this!

I tried to rustle the handcuffs off my wrists but they were locked on firmly. There I was, arrested. I won't go down without a fight. I won't go to prison. I won't. It's ironic though, i'll end up in Arkham, just like where it all started!

"Hahahahahahahaha". I continue laughing out loud for no apparent reason. I've finally lost it. Maybe I've finally realized how much of a jerk The Joker is? Maybe he just unofficially dumped me, maybe he just killed me in a different way. "So, tell me, where are we headin'? I hear prison is pretty boring so don't take me there." I try and be sociable, I mean hey, he might let me go? You're right... he won't.

"Jail" he says, smirking.

"Oh haha very funny you went an' twisted my joke! Well the joke's on you. When I get out of here you are so for it!" I yelled at the cop.

"Mhm, sure thing." the cop responded, grunting at me.

How rude!

Riding around in the back of a police car. Not how I expected to spend my afternoon...Still, I wasn't exactly powerless despite the handcuffs and being stuffed into a police car and betrayed by my boyfriend...again. I know he's going to rescue me, I just know it. I won't lose faith. He has his reasons, crazy as they may be.

"Here we are" the officer announced as we pulled into the parking bay in front of the police station.

Odd, it looked more like a maximum security prison than an ordinary police station. The officer turned off the engine and opened the car door, stepping out and shutting it behind him. He walked over to the back and opened the door. I hesitantly got up and the officer shut the car door behind me. He pushed me to walk forward. My small footsteps were not satisfying, the imprisonment was not satisfying and worst of all: the uniform I would have to wear would be so out of fashion it would make me look horrible! Not satisfying.

(UPDATE: This chapter contains an alternative perspective, from now I will notify the reader when the story point of view changes, initially up until this point it was all from Harley's perspective.)