Psycho Boyfriend

The Joker's Perspective:

I'm sitting on my chair, twiddling a knife in-between my fingers. I can't believe I left Harley to die.

I hope she's alright.

I'm such a selfish asshole, but that's what she loves about me. No matter what, she'll keep coming back for more. Her obsession drives her and it makes her predictable...I can tell she's going to try coming after me for revenge. Even if she hires someone to do it for her. Hmm...I wonder if I can get her back on my side? Ha! Of course I can. I've always got a plan.

"SELINA?" I shout. The cat has been in my custody in this little room for a while. Not necessarily a prisoner...more of an untrustworthy acquaintance. I wander over to her. She's asleep, curled up and comfy in her small pet bed. "For god sake you've had 10 hours of your precious kitty sleep so get the hell up!" I shout.

Catwoman groans and stretches as she wakes up. She looks at me.

"I was sleeping. You shouldn't interrupt a cat when she's sleeping, it'd get you in a lot of trouble." she said, standing up and stretching some more.

"No more trouble than I could cause you, I could end your nine lives right now if I wanted to." I reassured her. I was the one in charge.

"Touche, J." she crossed her arms and looked at me. "So what do you want now? Some more playtime? I thought you had enough fun with me when you kidnapped me."

"Harley's possibly dead. Probably not, but she's hurt." I said, with a bit of fake concern mixed into my verbal tone.

"What happened to her?" she asked.

"I left her"

"YOU WHAT?" she looked at me in shock and anger. "How could you do that to poor Harley?" she wanted to scratch me.

But she didn't.

"I didn't have a choice! It was save her or save myself" I sighed. "I saved myself, I couldn't risk getting caught by the cops...not again"

"J, you've escaped from that shit-asylum more times than I can count. That's no excuse for what you did. You should've saved her"

"Arkham Asylum was destroyed...I destroyed it...The idea was I would've detonated it and Harley wouldn't be in there. But she let that officer arrest her, I have no idea why." "I've done some shit to the poor girl, yeah. But the way she looked at me whilst I was running away... She might as well have killed me there and then"

"I understand why you would want to destroy that place. But why would you consider letting Harley get hurt in the process?"

"It was a test for her which I set up...which went wrong, the detonation sequence was one minute shorter than I set it for. Unless..." I paused. Thinking. "Unless someone tampered with it and altered the timer." I said slowly.

I panicked.

Harley was in danger.

I grabbed my maroon shirt and put it on, unbuttoning it at the top to show off my chest. Just like Harley did. I fastened my holster straps over my body and grabbed a small silver revolver from the table. I checked the magazine for bullets. Five bullets. I'd have to plan carefully, I only have a limited amount of weapons and ammunition since Arkham Asylum was my main storage...and it's now destroyed. I didn't exactly think that bombing through...but still. I fastened the gun in the holster and threw on my purple trench-coat in a hurry.

"I really need your help. We've got to save Harley" I tried to reason with the cat criminal. "She's in serious trouble"

"Oh, so now you care about her? You should've thought of that before you betrayed her. Time and time again." she rolled her eyes at me and looked at her claws. She moved her hand around and flexed her fingers. "I care enough to help her, but I won't help you. Not after the way you've treated me, Harley...and all the other girls you bring back here."

"Fine...whatever. But we have to hurry."

"Why the rush? Don't you normally plot your next move?" she asked suspiciously.

"No time, Harley's either dead or in hospital."

"And you intend to free her just so you can torment her again? I don't think so. Let me go and get her. I'll play nice. Promise" she smiled at me.

Could I trust the cat to retrieve her in one piece? But then...what sort of person sends out a mercenary to do Joker work? No way...I was going too. Either on my own or with Catwoman. Didn't matter to me, I had thugs.

I opened the door to step out and saw...hundreds of bodies. Surrounded by blood. There was a piece of paper on the floor.

It read:

'You treat her like a princess,

You give her nothing,

You left her to die,

I saw her tears,

I saw her fears.

She's lost her sanity,

Lost her humanity,

I've never seen a girl so broken,

But I'll take care of her,

Don't worry.

Love?

I don't think so.'

I scrunched up the piece of paper and yelled out loud "FUCK"

Selina walked up behind me and saw my rage. She put her hand on my shoulder and I shrugged it off angrily.

"J, you alright?" she asked nervously.

I shoved the piece of paper towards her. She took it. Whilst reading, her eyes widened and after she finished reading it...she cracked her whip in the air and gave me a nod to say she was on board with helping me.

"WHEN I FIND OUT WHO'S TAKEN MY HARLEY...I WILL PERSONALLY CUT OFF THEIR FINGERS SO THEY CAN'T WRITE ANYMORE THREATENING POEMS!" I yelled. "And then I'll kill them slowly..." I gritted my teeth together.

"You weren't joking...she really is in trouble." "Alright, count me in...let's go and get her back." she stopped and looked at me seriously. "But promise me. PROMISE ME you'll stop torturing her."

"I promise" I said whilst crossing my fingers behind my back.

I can't promise that. But I can try.