Make Your Mark

Harley Quinn's Perspective:

Remember what you learnt at medical school they said, it'll help you they said. I can't say that I believe it will. Mistah J and I are happy together...though understanding what makes a criminal 'tick' might prove a useful skill indeed.

Make your mark, girl...make the world know your name. Make them beg for mercy at your hand, make them scream when they see you coming. Make them want to kill themselves...make them give you what you want...make them pay...make them all pay.

Yes...yes! They will all pay for what they did.

"Gotham needs ta pay.Whatsay you Mistah J?" I suggested sinisterly.

"I couldn't agree more, my dear." he replied, on board with my suggestion.

"Want to break into a bank?" I asked.

"Got money on your mind?"

"I'm just bored." I moaned.

"Me too. Know the quickest route to the bank?"

"I just found one" I pointed at a magenta coloured super-car with gold outlined details. A custom-made Infiniti G35 Vaydor... parked on the side of the road, slightly askew and tyres bumped up onto the path. It was the perfect car.

"You're suggesting stealing this car? You're really evil aren't you? And I love it!" he clearly liked my suggestion of stealing this car, I mean it was definitely his colour. It was a beast too, from the exterior you could tell a lot of time and money was put into this vehicle. And then we were just going to steal it, finders keepers guys, seriously!

"It looks expensive" I examined the car closely, touching the paintwork. "I like expensive stuff"

"Who doesn't love expensive stuff? Money is overrated, stealing is the fun part about expensive stuff! I mean let's say I go to the store and see a really nice and expensive watch and let's say it's $200. Now, I could buy the watch with money, or I could go back to the store after hours, break into the shop and steal it for free! And then the best part is I can spend that $200 on something else, or keep stealing everything! Personally, I'd rather keep that $200 and save it for a rainy day. Or maybe I could just taunt someone with it, get some loser to dance for a penny of that $200!" Mistah J laughed.

"And then kill them?" I asked.

"You took the words right out of my mouth!"

"Tehehe" I giggled. "So... about this car."

"No keys, but who needs keys when you've got a baseball bat?" Mistah J asked, pointing at my baseball bat which was in my hands.

I rescued it from the confiscation cupboard... OK fine... evidence room, same thing! Someone must've found it and brought it in, marking it as evidence for a crime scene. My precious baseball bat shall suffer no such punishment!

"Do you even know how to hot-wire a car?" I asked, looking at him unconvinced with his supposed car mechanic skills. I mean, he's a criminal and probably steals cars all the time...wait, what was the point I was trying to make?

"Not that difficult, just play around with wires and try not to electrocute yourself in the process!" he explained, adding some humour into the sentence as well. He always does that.

"Right...one fatal swing should do it then" I said, swinging the baseball bat at the window nearest to the driver's seat.

The car window smashed into shards of glass in varying sizes. Mistah J reached his arm into the broken car window and unlocked the door.

"Why thank you kindly for letting me park your car! I am a professional valet driver of course, I have crashed and stolen many cars with great succession!" he announced, I wasn't sure who he was actually talking to. Mistah J stretched his body over the car seat and attempted to spark the two wires together to kick-start the car engine. After a few attempts, the engine responded and revved up loudly. "Who needs keys?" he assumed his position in the driver's seat, adjusting the interior mirror to suit his height so he could see his handsome face in it.

He tried the accelerator, causing the engine to spurt smoke from the tyres. The car was fully working and sounded like an incredibly powerful beast.

The white luxury interior lit up in a light neon purple, there was also an underglow of the same colour, lighting up the floor underneath the car.

He unlocked the other doors by pressing a button on the dashboard.

"My puddin is so clever!" I said, opening the door on the other side. I stepped intothe car, swinging my legs inside and adjusting my cute little body into the seat. My bottom was snuggling into the luxury material which I was sitting on. This car was pure luxury, it was beautiful, expensive and powerful. Everything a girl looks for in a car, or a boyfriend hehehe.

"Ready for a ride, my dear? I warn you that I haven't driven a car like this for a few days, I might accidentally kill someone or completely ruin someone's day... But hey! At least people get to see this amazing beast on the road. Driving at full speed like it should be, not admired on the side of the path or driven at the actual speed limit. Speed limits are meant to be broken, after all."

"Hell yeah! Let's get this baby on the road and see what it can really do!" I said excitedly.

The car sprung into life and the tyres rolled off the curb, the engine roaring confidently as it prepared for a high-speed cruise.

Mistah J drove the car with ease, shifting gears, experimenting with the various gadgets in the car and swerving out of the way of oncoming traffic. The car handled perfectly. Although Mistah J's eyes were concentrated on the road, he would take his glance from the road and utter me a little mischievous smirk, and then he'd get really really close to another car but only just manage to scrape some of the paintwork off without causing a major dent.

I didn't think we'd be covered for insurance on a car that wasn't ours, it doesn't really work like that...I know, it sucks but hey that's the law for you.

"We've been invited to an...evening dinner. Unknown associate of yours...said he was a 'friend'" Mistah J mentioned, continuing to drive but turning his head to engage in a conversation with me occasionally.

"Did he mention his name, who invited you? Or rather...who asked on someone else's behalf?" I asked.

"Actually yes, it was me...I'm inviting you to dinner at a restaurant and hosting a party, a private dinner party. Just you and me. Would you like to accept your invitation?" he asked, turning his head to smile at me and then focusing back on the road.

"Of course! Oh-my-god of course! That's so romantic awww!" I squealed happily and flirtatiously hugged him whilst he was driving. Only for a second, I didn't want him to crash the car and kill us both. "But what happened about the bank heist?" I asked, though I wasn't exactly bothered about the heist...a romantic dinner with my puddin was much better.

"Perfect, I booked the entire restaurant for the whole evening as well as some entertainment."

"Entertainment?"

"Remember Mark? I saw you loved 'you smile I smile' so much that I actually arranged another session at the restaurant. But the staff don't know that bit just yet." he said, smirking.

"You going to record it, puddin?"

"There's always time for a selfie, always... hahahahaha!" he laughed, pulling out his smartphone from his pocket and showing it to me.

"You're looking smokin 'hot Mistah J" I said, admiring his body. "I think the car's fumes must be making you even more sexy than you already are."

"And you're looking stunning."

"Awwww, thanks puddin" I said, blushing slightly.

"No thanks required, a compliment is due for an incredibly beautiful woman. And as your boyfriend, I have the responsibility of telling you this every day"

I blushed until my cheeks turned bright pink. He was being so incredibly flirtatious and gentlemanly. It was so romantic. I can't wait until our special dinner date together.