Honourable Actions

Poison Ivy's Perspective:

I killed the thugs restraining my friends... I knew Batman wouldn't. Even the biggest of enemies have to work together at some point. This...might be the day. Despite mine and Selina's neutral relationship and Harley's hatred towards Batman, this asshole needs to die. Batman won't kill him, that's fine. I'll take the wrap for him.

I'm not ashamed about it.

"Max, give up. You're outnumbered" I said.

"Make that double out-numbered." Harley added.

"Mr Wright, I haven't enjoyed your company. Even Harv' gives me more of a nice view than a prison cell." Selina stated.

"When you're outnumbered

Do you cower in the corner?

Make yourself known?

Small?

Rise up at the brink of opportunity

And keep them guessing" Max said.

I'm so sick of his poems. I'm ending this.

I direct my plant vines to kill the bastard. I was expecting resistance from Batman advising me against it, he just stood there watching me. Letting me do it. I wrap the vines around Max's body and lift him up.

"You were warned" I said angrily.

"I took heed of your warning, Ivy

You don't scare me.

Predictable

Notable

Unexpected...perhaps

But ultimately pathetic." Max gave me another poem verse.

"Tell me, 'Maxwell' who are you really?"

"Oh well done, you finally broke me" he said sarcastically. "You know who I am, you seem so sure of yourselves. All of you think you've really cornered me and yet don't seem to remember I took a dosage of XOS before our Dark Knight here crashed my auction." he said, trying to struggle out from my plants.

"Poison Ivy, your one weakness it would seem" I said, smirking.

"Ivy...how did you-?" Batman started.

"I never reveal my secrets, Batman" I winked. "Your XOS formula was almost perfect. You didn't consider my plants create toxins of their own though, the toxins which can provide immunity to your chemical."

"Oh shit..." he said.

"Now you're in trouble" Harley said, giggling.

"I'm taking him in" Batman said.

"You didn't step in when I was about to kill him, why step in now?"

"Because I think the GCPD will want to question him further"

"Please tell me you didn't call the GCPD here...?"

"I didn't have a choice, Maxwell Wright had to be detained somehow"

"If those cops come in here an' try and arrest me again i'll knock em' out!" Harley shouted "And don't think this makes us even, B-MAN. Cuz' it doesn't"

"Harley makes a point, what about us? You just going to let them take us back to prison or another mental institute?"

"Your actions here are notable, but It's out of my hands." Batman replied.

GCPD officers burst through the doors with firearms in their hands. They pointed them at each of us, except Batman. That was to be expected.

"GCPD! Hands up!" one of the officers shouted.

If they insist...I put my hands up and directed my plants towards the police officers.

"Ivy, no!" Batman shouted, stepping in front of me.

I sighed, putting my hands up without causing the plants to brutally murder the police officers.

"You can't arrest us! We haven't even done anythin'! It's a fix I tell ya! We saved B-MAN's life!" Harley shouted as the officer attempted to handcuff her, she of course was having none of it.

"Yes bravo, the well known vigilante required help from three girls because he was too soft and cowardice to kill me himself. Bravo indeed, Dark Knight" Max said sarcastically.

I tightened the vine around Max which made him be quiet. I can't stand his annoying voice any longer than I have to. I certainly won't let Batman or these police officers take us back to prison either.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but Maxwell Wright is the only one you will be arresting today."

"But, these three girls are well known villains! They've committed so many crimes how could you even excuse them for all that they have done before this slight act of heroism?" the officer asked Batman.

"I will deal with them, just arrest Mr Wright" Batman said.

"Alright fine, but I got my eye on you ladies" the officer said, lowering his weapon.The other officers lowered their weapons too.

They approached my vine which was holding Max and looked at me.

"You want me to release this criminal into your custody. Are you sure about that?" I asked.

"Ivy makes a point. Whilst XOS is active in his body, he'll be dangerous. Ivy is the only one who can contain his power until the effect wears off"

"Great..." I said sarcastically.

"So, let's interrogate him now? I sure as hell want to know why he thought locking me up in a cage and making me rip people to shreds was a good idea..."Selina said angrily.

I moved the vine closer to the ground so we could strike fear into his eyes.

"Sounds like a plan ta me" Harley said, smirking and pounding her fist into her palm.

"Permission to hurt this poetry freak?" I asked.

"I'm staying out of this" Batman said.

"May I remind you, law enforcement is still here until he's stable. Which also means you need to watch what you're doing, Miss." the officer said.

"Well pardon me for wanting some revenge..." Selina moaned.

"There will be plenty of time for revenge, indeed." Max said.

"Listen you, you're gonna get what's comin' to ya" Harley said, pointing rudely at Max.

"Morning, noon and nightmares.

Death defying acts of courage,

Bravery, insignificance and sacrifice.

For the time we spend insane,

'Be truly the best of our lives.

'Less one of our souls corrupt our body,

Blackness,

Death.

Origins, legends and legacies,

Die with our travesties,

And create opportunity." Max said poetically.

"Be the very thing you sought to destroy" a voice said. "Manners, a pleasure in all formalities yet such a disappointing conversation briefing." the voice continued."Yes! Such extremities can be punished via relentlessness acquisition!" the voice shouted.

"What the...?" Batman said slowly.

"You didn't really think I was the famous poetry murderer did you? I said it was just a hobby of mine" Max said, laughing. "This guy, well...he's the real 'Poetry Murderer'"

The mysterious individual broadcast through the screen on stage, though we still couldn't see the person behind the voice.

"More so than not, the ones that delve deep into other people's sanity are the true villains of this world. Dark Knight, pleasure is often depicted by other people's suffering, Choices, I place in front of you. Would I use honourable actions or descend into madness? Choose carefully, Dark Knight" the voice said. The silhouetted figure on the screen disappeared.