Can't Stay Away

The journey was going to be at least an hour's drive before the transfer would take place. I was just sitting in the back of a police car, sulking to myself for allowing this to happen.

And then suddenly, out of no-where...a car rammed directly into the side of the police vehicle. The police car was driven off the road and crashed against a billboard. The police car sustained a huge dent to the opposite side where I was sitting. The GCPD officer was knocked unconscious by the collision.

The driver of the other car stepped out of the vehicle and moved over to the damaged police car.

The driver knocked on the window.

I was struggling to move my hands which were still chained together. I finally managed to get into a position where I could get a grip on the door handle. I opened the door and swung my legs around. A stretched out hand was offered down to me, taking hold of me and carefully helping me out of the police car.

There stood either a psychopath driving like a lunatic...or a hero trying to rescue me. I very much doubt it was Batman. With blurred vision, I looked up at my saviour.

Oh for fuck sake...welcome aboard the irony train.

Of course...of fucking course it was The Joker. He raided the police officer's pockets and stole the key to my handcuffs. I stretched my wrists out to him angrily. He unlocked my handcuffs and then kissed me.

I backed away from his kiss. "What sick game are you playing?" I asked, rubbing my now-unchained wrists.

"The same game which clearly you're not playing properly." he stated, looking at me disappointedly. "You got arrested again? I thought you would've learnt by now that you can take care of yourself."

I shoved him backwards. "You left me in the rain, in the dark, I was freezing cold and you drove off and said 'goodbye'! Never to see me again!" I shouted. "How much more do you want to hurt me, huh? If breaking my heart, nearly killing me and abandoning me multiple times isn't enough...then what is?"

"You were being taken to Belle Reve. As soon as I found out, I was determined to get you out of this arrest before you got over there. The car took a dent, sure but it's not exactly my car so it doesn't matter. Anyway...are you hurt?"

"Only emotionally..." I said, still angry at him.

"I appreciate your anger, but I had a good reason. This Suicide Squad will get you killed, and I'll gladly kill every one of them to ensure you're safe." he explained. He still cared? How did I know he wasn't making all of this up...just like he usually does. "I meant what I said, Harley." he assured me he was telling the truth.

I believed him. For no other reason than love would he smash up an expensive supercar. Not for fun...well, maybe for fun but that was unlikely. I got the gun from the police officer's holster and pulled the trigger, shooting the officer dead. I then kept hold of the pistol, firmly grasping my finger near the trigger.

Wanting to slowly squeeze the trigger...but how could I?

Joker walked up to me, removed the gun slowly from my hands and placed it on the floor gently. He held me close, rubbing his hand on my back and holding me tightly.

He looked at me, with deep and sincere affection.

"You really are the best boyfriend a girl could ask for...puddin" I slowly wrapped my arms around his body. "I thought I'd really lost you." I said, sadly looking at him.

"I'm always here for you, always" he assured me, kissing my cheek. "Always" he repeated.

I realized just how fake this 'I'm here for you, I'm always here for you' rubbish was. My temper worsened.