XLIV

Today was Josh's birthday tomorrow so all of the guys were going out. (I know it's not his birthday irl. Deal with it. <3) I was going to be left alone, but I didn't mind. I was planning on taking Simon's car, with his permission of course, out to check on Josh's present. I had searched the Internet far and wide to find it, and I finally did. "Alright. We'll be back in an Uber before 4 AM. I'll call you if I need you. You can call me if you need me. Drive safe. I love you." Simon said quickly as I was pushing him towards the door. He was hesitant about leaving me here alone, not wanting me to be bored. "Go have fun, Simon." I sighed once he stopped in front of the front door. The rest of the guys were waiting outside for their Uber to get here. He sighed. "Okay bye." He said, turning around and kissing me quickly before leaving. I sighed in relief. I hadn't been home alone in a while. But, I would have to leave soon anyways for Josh's present. I got him his dream car, an Audi R8. (I looked them up and just daaamnn.) I knew he would've disagreed with me spending that much money on him, but I did it anyways. Of all the people here, I had Josh to thank the most. He didn't have to accept me. He didn't have to bring me here. He didn't have to introduce me to my new family, but he did. Because he was all I had, and I could never truly express how grateful I was for that. Besides, I had enough money from both my mom and my dad's life insurances and my college fund that I could buy all of the guys' Audis if I stuck to YouTube. Okay, maybe not that much. Maybe just Josh. I'm just not a flashy kind of person who wants new things all of the time. So saving money was something that came easy to me. I was blessed enough to pay for this car, and I was thankful. I smiled to myself. Maybe my parents would've wanted me to spend money on something else. Like a car for my own. But it wasn't like I ever went anywhere, so it was okay with me and the rest of the guys to just use one of their cars. I sighed as I went up the stairs. My parents would want me to do the right thing. And this felt right.

•••

      "Josh. Wake up." I mumbled, shaking him. He groaned, but when his eyes fluttered open and met mine, they widened. "What's wrong?" He asked, his face full of concern. "Come with me." I said, holding my hand out. He took it shyly, but followed me down the stairs. It was 11 AM and the guys had been asleep for 8 hours already, but he was still groggy when I dragged him outside and stood in the driveway. I heard him chuckle. "What are we doing?" He asked. I smiled, patting his back. Then, the car, his car turned into the driveway. Once it was parked and Josh was completely silent, not realizing what was going on yet, Lewis climbed out.

"Lewis? What are you doing in an Audi?" Josh laughed, shaking his head

"Lewis? What are you doing in an Audi?" Josh laughed, shaking his head. Lewis walked over to us and grabbed Josh's left wrist, turning his hand over so it was his opened palm. When Lewis dropped the keys in his hand, Josh's jaw dropped. I looked at him, smiling. "You.....you didn't." He said, shaking his head. I nodded. His arms went around me quickly and we stayed in that position for quiet a long time. When he finally pulled away and looked me in the eye, he had tears in his eyes. Tears. "Josh? You alright?" I asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. He looked at the car, his lips still parted slightly. He covered his face with his hands and squatted down, his face still covered. I had never seen him, or any of the guys, this emotional. "I can't believe you would do this for me." He mumbled, standing up and wrapping his arms around me quickly. I laughed. "I don't think you understand just how truly thankful I am for you allowing me to move here with you, Josh. This is just me showing you just how much I am." I said as we hugged. He laughed lightly. "You bought me my dream car. I think I have an idea of how thankful you are. Thank you so much." He whispered. I looked over at Lewis, who was recording this whole thing, and smiled at the camera. "Well, what are you waiting for? Give her a spin." I said, pushing him away from me and towards the car. He got in hesitantly, a huge smile on his face. I'm glad he was happy. "Thank, Lewis, for helping." I smiled as he turned the camera off. Lewis smiled and nodded in response, looking back at the car. Josh cranked the car, revving the engine. "You did well, Blue." A voice behind me made me jump. I turned around to see Simon. No one had known about this surprise, except Lewis of course. "Well without him I would've never met you. Or anyone else for that matter. I can't thank him enough." I said quietly, looking back at the car.  He patted my back, but didn't say anything. "Mackenzie! Get your ass in here!" Josh yelled, poking his head out of the window. I smiled and jogged over to the car, waving at Simon and Lewis before getting in and closing the door. Josh turned to me and hugged me again. "Thank you, Mackenzie. I mean it. You want to go to Nando's? I'll pay, of course. I mean you bought me a bloody car-" "Josh. Calm down." I interrupted him, laughing. "Seriously though, thank you so so much. Why would you do this? Spend this much money on me?" He asked, wiping his eyes. He had gotten very emotional this morning. And he had only been awake for half an hour maybe. I sighed as he began backing out of the driveway, obviously being very careful. "I cannot thank you enough for accepting me. You're the only family I have left. Well, you and your family, and I'm just so incredibly thankful you allowed me to live the life I'm living now." I smiled at my lap as he drove. "I love you." He said, reaching over and ruffling my hair. "I love you too, Josh."

A/N
Emotional, right? Yeah. I feel the need to apologize for this chapter. I don't want it to sound like she's bragging about having money. It's just for the story. And I'm sorry if that upset anyone. Nevertheless, I hope you all have/had a beautiful, wonderful day!

See ya! x