XVIII

I was currently editing the video I recorded with Simon yesterday. I sped up the part where he did my makeup and slowed it down when we laughed and when we started talking about nonsense. Just to make it interesting. Then I finally got to the kiss. My first kiss, actually. I watched it over and over again. The way he looked at me before he kissed me made me think about a lot of stuff. What if he liked me? What if he actually had feelings for me? What if I felt the same? I sighed as I cut that part out of the video, but saving the footage. (I don't know how to edit things so I don't actually know if you can do this. :)) "That's it for this video. If you'd like to see more of Simon leave a like down below. Or if you'd like all of the Sidemen to try and do my makeup then you can leave a like also. I hope you all have an amazing day. And goodbye." I heard my own outro. I let the video render as I stood out of my chair, stretching. "Ranger." I said, making him perk his head up off of my bed. "Want to go eat?" I asked. He jumped up and off of my bed, exiting my room and walking slowly downstairs. I followed behind him. Once I reached the kitchen I filled his food and water bowls up before getting myself some cereal. It was like noon, but that doesn't mean I couldn't eat cereal. It was my breakfast. As I sat down at the island, Simon walked into the kitchen. Great. He didn't say anything as he searched the fridge. I got my phone out of my pocket and opened Twitter and started going through my mentions. "Am I still taking you to that thing at three?" Simon finally spoke up. "Oh shit I forgot about that. Yeah." I said, locking my phone. He took a seat across from me. "Ugh. That means I have to get out of my pajamas." I said with a sigh. He looked at me and chuckled. Then, my phone started ringing. "Oh. I have friends?" I asked, more myself than him. I looked at the screen. Karen. I hadn't talked to her in a month. And she hasn't made any effort to talk to me, so I didn't either. "Hello?" I answered the phone, confused. I looked at Simon. 'Speaker' he mouthed. I nodded as I put the phone on speaker and placed it on the counter. "Hey. How are you? It's been ages." She said. "I'm good...and you?" I asked. "Just missing you." She stated. I felt anger wash over me, but ignored it. I remained quiet until she spoke up again. "I found your YouTube channel. That's why I called really." She said. "Oh." I mumble, still very confused. I looked up at Simon and he shrugged. "I just wanted to tell you something." She said. "And what's that?" I asked. She sighed before answering. "The Sidemen, those stupid people you watch on YouTube, watch your videos." She said. I looked at Simon again and he was staring at the phone, his eyebrows furrowed. "One, they're not stupid. Two, I live with them. Dumbass." I mumbled the last part, but she seemed to hear me. "I was just calling to let you know that and that I love and miss you. There's no need to get pissed off." She said. "I can sure tell how much you miss me by how much you've bothered to contact me." I said sarcastically. "Fuck you." She said before hanging up. "Fuck you too." I said to no one. I stood up and went to the sink with my bowl. "I'm going to go take a shower and get ready." I told Simon before grabbing my phone off of the counter and leaving the room.

*Simon's POV*

•••

     Mackenzie and I had just arrived at the movie set. "Ready?" I asked, turning towards her in the car. She was staring straight ahead, her hands clasped in front of her. She was nervous, I could tell. Ranger could too. That's why he was so excited to come, but she didn't take him. She nodded, glancing at me. "Let's go." She said, hitting the seat with her hand. We climbed out of the car and walked slowly to the door. She paused a moment before entering, and I followed. Inside, it looked like a normal movie set. The real deal. We were both awestruck as we looked around the big open room. "Mackenzie! It's great to finally meet you!" A man's voice made us look forward. He was about an inch taller than me but he looked my age. "My name is Jared." He said, sticking his hand out for her to shake. She took it, smiling at him. "This is Simon. He's my ride." She said, pointing at me with her thumb. "It's a pleasure to meet you too." He said, shaking my hand. "Well let's take a tour." He said, smiling at the both of us. As we walked around the building, him telling us where everything was and who everyone was, he stopped in a room that had a fridge, coffeemaker, microwave and other stuff. "We have two rules here: Don't eat food that's not yours. And have fun." He said. Mackenzie nodded, smiling. Soon, we were back at the room we saw first. "Here is your station." He said to her finally. There was a giant collection of makeup. Her jaw dropped. I smiled at her. How passionate she was about makeup blew my mind. "Now let's talk about your pay." Jared said, making her look at him. There was a tap on my shoulder and I turned around as they began talking business. A girl was standing in front of me now. "Can I take a selfie with you really quick?" She asked. Then I realized that she was wearing a SDMN hoodie. "Sure." I smiled. After our selfie and a small chit chat, she left and I turned back around. "That would be amazing." I heard Mackenzie say. Jared smiled. "Well that's all for today. Thank you for coming." He said, shaking her hand again. "And thank you for bringing her here." He said, shaking my hand. I nodded in response and we made our way out to the car. "So how much will you be paid?" I asked after we both were in the car. "Twenty pounds per hour. A forty hour work week. For however many weeks it takes to finish the movie. I work Monday through Friday for eight hours a day." She said quickly, her smile never fading. I chuckled. "Well I'm glad you're excited." I said. She looked at me, her smile no longer there. "I need to get my British license so I can drive." She said. "And why is that?" I asked as I put my seatbelt on. "I can't keep bothering you guys everyday." She said, shaking her head. I knew that I couldn't win this argument, so I didn't say anything. "Well when does filming start?" I asked. "Two weeks." She said, biting her lip. "There's no way in hell you can pass a driving test in two weeks." I said, shaking my head. I started the car as she put her seatbelt on. "I know how to drive. Just not on that side of the road. It can't be too hard. I'm going to schedule one." She said. I sighed. "Well I believe in you." I said and put my glasses on. She giggled. "You just said that there's no way in hell it can happen." She said. I shrugged. "Doesn't mean I can't believe in you." I stated. She giggled. That giggle. The one that made butterflies form in my stomach. The one that made it seem like everything would be okay. Because I knew that if I was with her, everything would be.

A/N
Sorry if there's some typos. I didn't have much time to revise it! Hope you all have/had a beautiful day!

See ya! x