XXXIX

Simon and I are meant to be making videos announcing our relationship to the fans today. We've been together for a month and we are really happy together. For Simon's channel, we were recording a soccer, or football, video, which was going to suck for me, and on my channel we were recording a 'My Boyfriend Does My Makeup' thing. We had just arrived at the pitch, ready to record. Before this, I had to go buy actual cleats, or as they call them boots, and I ended up getting a whole new outfit.

(Nike, sponsor me pls :(

(Nike, sponsor me pls :(.) "Ready, Blue?" Simon asked after he set up the tripod. I nodded, smiling at the camera already. My hair was still blue. And now it was in a high ponytail, my stray hairs around my face blowing in the cool wind. "What is going on guys? As you probably could tell by the title, yes me and Mackenzie are together now. And we are going to be doing a crossbar and penalty challenge that she is going to fail miserably at because I'm guessing she's never even touched a football in her life." He did his intro, talking quickly. "First of all, Nike, sponsor me." I said, raising a foot in the air to show the camera that I was literally wearing only Nike things. "Second, I happen to be really good at soccer." I said, exaggerating 'soccer' because he hated it when I called it that. He pushed me playfully towards the ball, telling me to take a shot. I took a deep breath before running up and kicking the ball. It, of course, didn't hit the crossbar, but it came really close. "I would've been really upset if you hit it first time." Simon said from behind the camera. "Oh wow. Thanks for the support, Babe." I said sarcastically, shaking my head. We continued to record the first half of the video with me hitting the bar once and Simon hitting it almost every time. And now it was time for penalties. Since Simon was obviously way more advanced than me, he had to call out where he was going to me and he was also blindfolded. I thought it was a bit too much, but he insisted. He also said something about how I was too short to get the top corner ones anyways. Now he was down to his last two penalties which were both, conveniently, the top corners. He hadn't made one yet, because I'm obviously the best in goal ever *flips hair*. "Top right!" Simon yelled, putting his blindfold on. I got ready as I watched him take a few unsteady steps back and then forward again, his foot connecting with the ball and me jumping for it. I surprisingly caught it. But to be fair, it was more the middle than the top. "Dammit!" He groaned and I smiled at him, rolling it back at him. "Who's shit at football now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Still you." He said, winking at me.

•••

Simon and I gathered in front of the tripod so he could do his outro. He put his arm over my shoulders as I smiled at the camera. "So that was football with my girlfriend. You can check her channel out in the description if you don't already know who she is. And thank you all for watching, see ya." He said, doing his little peace sign thing and planting a kiss on the top of my head. "Nando's?" He asked once he turned the camera off and we began packing. "Nando's." I nodded, placing a hand on my stomach. "Perhaps Nando's can be our always." He said. I stopped what I was doing, which was changing out of my cleats and into some regular tennis shoes. "What?" He asked, once he caught me staring at him. "We watched that movie a month ago, how the hell do you remember that?" I asked, referring to his reference to 'The Fault In Our Stars'. He shrugged. "You watched it again, didn't you?" I smirked. "Noooo." He said, dragging out his word in an unconvincing tone. "Yes you did." I said and stood up once I got my shoes on. I put my cleats, along with Simon's into a bag we brought. "Does that make me gay?" He asked as we started walking to his car. "Does watching a movie define your sexuality?" I asked. He shook his head. "Then no." I said, smiling. He slung his free arm over my shoulders. "I love you, Blue." He said, looking down at me. "Yeah, yeah." I joked, rolling my eyes. "I feel so loved." He joked, pushing me away, once we reached his car, towards the passenger side as he unlocked it and hopped in the driver's seat. Once we were on our way, I plugged my phone into the auxiliary cord. Simon didn't protest so I pressed shuffle. The first song to play was 'She Looks So Perfect by 5SOS'. Once I went to press next, Simon put his hand out to stop me. "I like this song." He said, turning it up. I stared at him as he began singing alone, looking at me. Singing to me. I finally stopped staring in astonishment and sang along, laughing whenever Simon pointed at me every time the word 'she' came up. Sadly, the song ended and a silence came over us before the next song played. It wasn't an awkward silence. It was a peaceful silence. The only silences I ever share with Simon. I smiled as JJ's voice came through the speakers as 'Friends With Benefits' began playing. Once again, Simon singing along and singing to me. I really liked Simon. Hell, I loved him. I had only muttered the words to him once though. Just yesterday when we were cuddling and watching YouTube videos. He had said it before then, to which I replied by either kissing him or smiling. Sometimes I wished I could express my feelings more often. That I could have the courage to do it all the time, like he did. But I simply found myself silent in the perfect moments to tell him how I felt. How I felt completely. Because he knew I adored him. And he knew I loved him. I just wish I could remind him more often. But my words always seemed to get lost somewhere between my heart and my mouth. It's most likely that they got lost in my mind, where I overthought way too often. So, I found myself saying the wrong thing or, more often, nothing at all. "You alright?" I heard Simon ask as he turned the music down. Only then did I realize I was staring at my lap, thinking hard. "What? Yeah." I said, shooting him a reassuring smile. "What ya thinking about?" He asked, glancing at me before looking back at the road. I sighed, biting my lip. I relaxed instantly, worried he would see me mentally debating. "How hungry I am." I said, forcing a small smile and looking up at him. He glanced at me, a small smile on his own face. He reached over and placed his hand on my knee. The rest of the ride was filled with nothing but the music and my thoughts.