XXXII

This morning, I went into each boy's room and woke them up quietly, giving them something for their inevitable headaches. Eventually, we all got out of the house, all of them wearing sunglasses and being as quiet as possible, and into the airport. Now, we were on the plane with only about twenty minutes remaining. All of the guys slept the entire flight so far, so I woke them up again. "I had a great holiday." Tobi said beside me. "Me too. Besides today. Today sucked." Ethan said, laughing lightly at the end of his statement. "You said it, Behz." Harry agreed while nodding. I smiled. I was sitting beside them. Josh, Simon, JJ, and  Vik were sat on the row behind us. I had an aisle seat, which was convenient. Thirty minutes later, we were walking through the airport. "I miss Texas already because it's raining." I heard Vik say into his vlogging camera. "Home, sweet home." Josh said sarcastically, throwing his arm over my shoulders. I smiled. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and got it out quickly. My smile widened. It was Jared.

Jared:
Wanna come stay at mine tonight? xxx

Mackenzie:
Of course. Be there soon! xxx

•••

I smiled as soon as I woke up. Last night was amazing. Jared and I did...it. And you know what I'm talking about. I was currently just in my underwear and his giant hoodie that came just past my bum. I felt him shaking me. I sat up quickly. He looked at me. "Get out." He mumbled. I felt my face go pale. "W-What?" I asked. He chuckled. An evil chuckle. This wasn't the Jared I was in love with. "Did I stutter? Get out." He said firmly, pointing to his bedroom door. Once I didn't move and stared at him, my heart pounding in my head, tears threatening to fall, he frowned. "What? Did you think I actually loved you? Come on. You're smarter than this. I've never fucked a virgin and you were perfect to check it off my bucket list. It just took longer than I hoped for. You should've listened to that Simon prick." He spat. I grabbed my phone off of the bed beside me with my charger. I had a small bag of clothes in the corner of the room, and when I went to grab them, blinking back tears that would fall anyways, he grabbed my arm tightly. "Get the fuck out now. Leave your shit. I can't handle the sight of you." He said forcefully. His grip on my arm was so tight I knew it would leave bruises where his fingerprints once where, so when he released me, I ran out of his flat. I was so thankful he lived in the same building as Ethan, Harry, Tobi, JJ, and the Cals. Ethan's flat was on the floor just above his, so I ran to the elevator, praying no one would see me in only a hoodie and no pants. After an elevator ride that felt like an eternity and sprinting down the hall, I banged on Ethan's door. The tears finally fell once he opened the door, his expression shocked. "Jesus Mackenzie, what's happened?" He asked, pulling me in his flat and shutting the door behind me. He embraced me in his arms comfortingly as I sobbed quietly, trying to control them. But they kept coming. The tears seemed to be unlimited. "S-Simon was right." I mumbled against his chest. "What are you talking about? What's wrong?" He asked. "Can you...will you just take me home?" I asked, pulling away from him, wiping my eyes. "Of course. Wait here." He said, jogging out of the room quickly. I waited there, playing with my phone in the pocket of the hoodie. When he came back, he handed me a pair of pajama pants that most likely belonged to Emily. "Thank you." I said, slipping them on over my bare feet. "Of course." He repeated, grabbing his keys and walking out of his flat into the hall. I followed behind as he walked quickly. I can't believe I didn't listen to Simon. He was right all along. I thought about this as we climbed into Ethan's car and drove to my house in silence. He got out with me once we got there. And once I opened the door and was met with Simon himself, he smirked. When he saw my tear stained face and Ethan behind me, his face fell. I looked into his eyes as tears formed again. "Oh. Come here." He mumbled, opening his arms. He understood what happened. And as soon as his arms went around me, my tears fell. And once again, they wouldn't stop. I was in love with Jared. I just couldn't believe he would do this to me. Even after Simon warned me.

*Simon's POV*

Once Ethan looked at me with a confused expression, I shook my head and he stayed silent. It pissed me off so much that he would hurt her. He hurt her. And that hurt me just as much. I had failed to protect her. Even after I tried to tell her and she ignored me. I tried. Maybe I shouldn't blame myself, but I knew I would. I buried my face into her hair as she sobbed quietly. "Let's go take a nap." I whispered, picking her up bridal style swiftly. She didn't protest, and cuddled into me. It broke my heart knowing hers was already broken. Maybe I deserved this. Maybe because I replaced her I deserved to have this reminder of how much she meant to me. I still liked her. I knew I did. I just was too scared to hurt her in the first place, that's why I went with Olivia. Even if it hurt her just the slightest bit, I did it. I did it so I couldn't hurt her more. I had to protect her from me. And then from Jared. And I had failed. When Olivia cheated on me, I was only pissed. Not sad. Not broken-hearted. Only angry. So I moved on quickly. Maybe it was because I never really had feelings for her and I was only trying to cover up my feelings for Mackenzie. I sighed as I laid Mackenzie down in her bed. She automatically cuddled up to the giant teddy bear she always slept with. She continued to cry silently as I left her room quietly. Josh and Vik had emerged from their rooms now, staring at me. "She said you were right." Ethan spoke up. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Jared took her virginity and dumped her." I said quietly. They all seemed to hear though. Because Josh sighed. "Never liked that guy." He stated quietly. "What a dick! She really liked him too." Vik said. "She came to my flat half naked. Of course I didn't see anything. I just-Damn he's an asshole." Ethan said. I kept quiet, my fists clenching. I officially hated someone. I hated Jared Stone.

A/N
Stone is a made up last name. :)

See ya! x