XLIII

I woke up in the same position I had fallen asleep in, in Simon's arms. I knew he was still asleep, so I slowly untangled myself, being sure not to wake the surely hungover boy. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, putting my hair in a messy bun before going downstairs and getting a bottle of water for Simon. I knew he would need it. I also got him some medicine for his headache that was sure to come. I left them on my bedside table, where he would fine them next to his phone and the two beers from last night, one still half full. I grabbed my own phone and went back downstairs. I looked out the big window in the kitchen, seeing no cars but Simon's in the driveway, thankfully. At least Vik or Josh or their girlfriends didn't try to drive while drunk. I didn't know if they were here or not. They could've easily stayed at Jamie's, which I doubted. They were probably just passed out in bed. I looked at the time on my phone as I made myself some cereal. It was noon already, but I didn't expect any of them, Simon included, to wake up any time soon. After I ate, I went back to my room where Simon was still passed out. I quietly got into bed beside him, sitting up and leaning back against the headboard. I decided to go through some of the comments on Simon and I's relationship announcement videos since I hadn't done so yet. I grabbed my laptop off of my bedside table and opened it quietly, being sure not to wake Simon as I went to my video and scrolled down. Most of the comments were positive, but of course, as always, there was some hate that said I wasn't good enough for him. Which I didn't believe I was. But somehow, he thought I was very much good enough. Maybe sometimes he thought he wasn't good enough for me. I smiled, pushing that thought far away. After about twenty minutes of reading the comments on my video, I went to Simon's. The comments there weren't as nice, which I expected. Trust me, I love the guys' viewers because I am one and because usually they were all so supportive. Maybe it's because I was classified as a 'beauty guru' but I noticed that my viewers were much more polite and just brought together more as a family type thing. I had no idea why, but it was true. It was probably because the type of people who watch the guys just aren't the same as the people who watched my videos. Again, I love all of them, there's just a noticable difference between my viewers and the guys' viewers. (I personally don't think that is true. It's just for the story. Hate me if you must. ^_^) I heard Simon groan beside me and I closed the laptop, the page still open on the comments. I put it back on my bedside table as Simon rolled over and rested his head on my lap. I sighed as I began playing with his hair. "There's some water and something for your headache over there." I said quietly. He groaned again, nuzzling his face into my stomach. I laughed lightly. After about five minutes of sitting there in silence, me running my hands through his messy hair, he looked up at me, his eyes obviously tired. "You alright?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He shook his head slowly, staring up at the ceiling now. "Go take your medicine then." I said, nudging him towards it. He sat up slowly and scooted over to the edge of the bed. He threw his legs over the side and sat there, his head in his hands. I knew he felt like shit and I felt bad for him, but it was his own fault. Once he took his medicine and chugged the rest of the water, he laid back down, his head on my lap again. "Did I say anything stupid last night?" He mumbled, his voice deep and groggy. "Not really." I lied, hoping he didn't catch on. He sighed. "I wish we could just stay in bed all day." He said. "Why can't we?" I asked. He looked up at me. "I have a job to do." He said, beginning  to sit up. "If you feel like shit, your fans will understand if your videos are late, Simon. The other guys are still sleeping." I said. He relaxed again, staring at me as I played with his hair. "Did I do that?" He asked, poking my neck. "What?" I asked, grabbing at my neck. He laughed lightly, shaking his head. "What?" I repeated, getting my phone out of the pocket of the hoodie I was wearing. I opened the camera and turned it around to face me. It was a hickey. It wasn't very big, but it was there. "Oh shit. I didn't even notice that." I admitted, putting my phone down. He laughed again, smiling at me. "I love you, Blue." He said. "I love you too, Simon." I sighed, rolling my eyes. He knew I was joking with the sigh and eye roll and that I genuinely meant it. "You know," he started, looking from me to the ceiling. "I get the feeling I did say something stupid last night." He said with a sigh. "And why's that?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him even though he wasn't looking at me. "I mean, if I have you a hickey I probably said something stupid. I tend to do that when I'm drunk." He said, looking back at me and his smile returned. "Well, you didn't say anything." I said, shaking my head. I felt bad for lying to him, but not too bad. I was saving him and me the embarrassment that was sure to come if I did tell him what he said to me in the kitchen at Jamie's house. He narrowed his eyes at me, obviously being hesitant about believing me. "You did, however, feel the need to stress the fact that if you were to hurt me like Jared did that you would've already done it." I said. I hoped that by telling him something like that would put his mind at ease. He nodded, looking up at the ceiling again. "That's true." He said, not looking at me. I stared at his face while his eyes closed. I knew he still felt like shit, so I wasn't surprised he just wanted to sleep all day. I examined his features, taking them all in. Then, his eyes opened and he turned his head to me quickly. "Do you want to go to Westfield after I edit?" He asked. "Westfield? For what?" I asked. He shrugged. "Just to get out of the house for a bit." He said. "Simon, I know you feel like shit." I smiled sweetly at him. "I'm actually feeling a little better now. And by the time I get done editing I'll be fine." He said, running a hand through his hair. "You sure?" I asked. He nodded, sitting up. And this time, I let him. "I'll see you in a bit." He said, turning around and planting a kiss on my forehead before leaving the room. I smiled to myself. It's not being in love that made me happy. It's being in love with him that made me happy.