XXVI

The filming for the movie was over now. So, it's been a while. I got my British license. No car yet, but that's okay. Simon and I have been good I guess. It's not like we ever made anything official. We just went on two dates. I've been super busy with the movie so we hadn't actually had time to go on another date. But now that it was over, I was thinking that he would ask me out again. Boy was I wrong. I had just gotten home from the set for the last time ever and ran right into Olivia. She gave me a small smile and wave. My heart shattered in my chest as I smiled back at her and moved out of the way so she could leave. When I looked up the stairs, Simon was looking down at me. I gave him a small smile and looked down at the ground. He didn't say anything, so I made my way to my room in silence, ready to escape the world and the pain I was currently experiencing. I was afraid of this. As much as I liked Simon, I knew this would happen. He was way too good for me. Way too good. He deserved better. And Olivia was better. My phone vibrated in my pocket as I reached my vanity and sat down, ready to do my makeup to escape. It was a text from Jared. A tear escaped my eye and I wiped it quickly. I would not cry over Simon. I refused to. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding. Maybe she was just coming to get her bra or something. Or maybe she was leaving another one. I stood up from my chair and made my way to the window, climbing up on the roof. My spot that the guys still didn't know about. I looked at the text, finally.

Jared:
Hey. This may sound weird or whatever. But would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?

My heart fell. I didn't want to go on a date with him. Or anyone really but Simon. I really liked Simon. I guess he simply didn't feel the same anymore. I stared up at the orange sky, the sun setting. I refused to cry. I refused to let him know I was upset. I refused to stay upset over this. It was inevitable, after all. I was never good enough in Simon's eyes. I knew that when he first asked me out. I was too awestruck and blinded by my feelings to understand that. I should've declined. I should've. "Mackenzie. I know you're on the roof." I heard his voice from my window. A small, silent sob escaped me as I cleared my throat. "What do you want?" I asked. Instead of answering, he climbed up with me. "So I guess you know me and Olivia are back together." He said nonchalantly. I sat with my knees tucked into my chest, staring at a spot on the roof beneath me. My hair fell so he couldn't see my face. I just gave him a simple "Mhmm."
Although I didn't know they were ever anything more than a quick fuck to each other. He said himself it wasn't serious all those weeks ago. "And I'm sorry." He said. "You didn't do anything." I said simply. I heard him sigh. "I should've at least told you since we were kind of a thing." He said, his voice quiet. "We were never anything. We went on two dates." I said, my voice louder than his, and strong. He was quiet for a moment. He knew my feelings were hurt already, but I didn't want him to feel bad. "Look, I just want to be alone right now, Simon." I said, my eyes glancing over at him. He was already staring at me. I let my eyes wander back to what I was staring at previously. "I just don't want to hurt you feelings, Mackenzie. That's the last thing I ever intended to do." He said. "Its not your fault, Simon. It's not anyone's fault. And it if it is anyone's it would be mine. I'm the one who developed feelings in the first place and I just wasn't good enough for you and I'm okay with that, Simon. Now will you please just let me be?" I pleaded for the second time. I heard him sigh before he left, slipping in through my bedroom window. Everything I said was true. Very true. It was my fault for not being good enough. It was my fault for letting myself fall for him. Everything was my fault. I wiped another tear and a sob escaped. I hadn't taken my medication in a long time. And I didn't plan on starting it again. I am doing just fine without it. I sighed as I grabbed my phone again, texting Jared back. I agreed to go on the date with him. Something to get my mind off of Simon. Anything would work at the moment.

*Simon's POV*

I felt like shit. I know I shouldn't. Because me and her never made anything official. It's just when she was always busy with the movie I got lonely. My feelings stopped being for Mackenzie and I knew Olivia was still down to be with me, so I asked her to be my girlfriend officially. And she accepted. I thought that Mackenzie's feelings for me also faded when mine did. But I was wrong when I saw her look up at me from the bottom of the stairs, the hurt in her eyes. The betrayal. But the smile she put on before she looked down at the ground and made her way to her room looked so genuine. I wonder how many times her smiles had been forced and I was just realizing it. So, I followed her to her room, only to get her door shut in my face. So I waited outside until I heard her window slide open and I poked my head inside to see her climb up on the roof. Now, I was sitting in my desk chair, feeling horrible. I didn't want to hurt her. I didn't know it would. I should've told her. I should've told her the second me and Olivia got together. But I didn't. So now I sat in silence, my heart beating in my head. I would make this right. I would make it up to her. I had to.

A/N
So I set an alarm for 6 AM this morning because I have school in like two weeks and as soon as I turned the alarm off I went back to sleep for another two and a half hours. Thought y'all should know that I am failing getting my sleeping schedule together so far. Regardless, I hope you all have/had a beautiful day!

See ya! x