XXXVII

"Mackenzie!" I heard my name being called from Simon's room. I groaned as I paused the YouTube video I was watching and put my laptop beside me on my bed and flicked the blankets off of me. I was having a lazy day, along with everyone else. "What?" I asked once I opened Simon's door. "Want to watch a movie?" He asked. I looked at his TV and saw the Netflix loading screen. "Netflix and chill." I smirked, walking over to his bed and plopping down on my stomach, putting my chin in my hands. "Wait we need snacks." I said as I stood up and made my way downstairs, him following me. Once we reached the kitchen and got our snacks, which filled the pocket of Simon's hoodie I was wearing and the pockets of the joggers I had on, we were back upstairs. We both took our seats on his bed and the food surrounded us. "God we're fat." I mumbled as I opened a bag of chips, or crisps as they called them. "Oi, speak for yourself." He said, pushing me playfully. I giggled and I heard my phone ding in my pocket. I sighed as I looked at it, seeing it was Jared. I hadn't blocked him, and he hasn't stopped texting me since he showed up randomly at the house yesterday. I quickly deleted the text and dropped my phone on the bed between Simon and I. "So what movie would you like to watch?" I asked, looking up at Simon. His arm found its way around my shoulders and I leaned into him. "Whatever you want." He shrugged. "Oh shit. You've given me too much power." I smiled, grabbing the remote from his hand. "The Fault In Our Stars?" I asked, smiling as it came onto the screen. "I've never watched it." He said. I looked up at him, my face straight. "Are you serious?" I asked, frowning. He nodded, smiling. "Then we are watching it." I said, clicking play. (I don't actually know if that is even on Netflix but I cba to check. XD)

*Simon's POV*

As she watched the movie, I watched her. How she got excited when something happened. Or how she muttered the lines under her breath. It was adorable. "The whole point of me coming in here was to watch a movie and you're not even watching it." She said, looking up at me. "Sorry." I said with a smile as I turned my attention to the screen. I tried to focus on it and not the beautiful girl beside me, and I did. It was a good movie overall. It did make me a bit emotional, something I wouldn't admit to aloud. Ever. When I heard Mackenzie sniffle beside me, I chuckled, tightening my grip on her. "It's not funny." She mumbled, elbowing me as she leaned into me more. "It is hilarious." I whispered, making sure she still heard me. "Someone dying of cancer is hilarious?" She asked. I felt her head lift off of my shoulder and I looked over at her to see her already looking at me. Realization hit and I remembered her mum. "I didn't - that's not what I meant." I panicked and shook my head quickly. She stared at me with a frown on her face. She looked like she was about to burst into tears any second. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean that someone dying was hilarious I meant that -" I stopped talking when she started laughing, throwing her head back as she did so. I laughed awkwardly. "You.....you should've seen your face." She said as she continued to laugh, wiping her eyes with the sleeves of my hoodie she was wearing. "That isn't funny! I thought I upset you!" I said as I pushed her playfully. "It was hilarious." She said. Her laughter eventually died into a small giggle. "Are you done laughing at me?" I asked. She finally looked at me and a smile formed on her lips. "Maybe." She mumbled with a smirk. "Oh God. That was good." She said as she laid back down beside me, wiping her eyes again. She sighed as she picked up the remote, the credits coming up on the screen. "What movie now?" She asked. "Whatever you want." I said again. She sighed again, looking at me, her face unamused. "You know whenever a guy asks a girl what they want to eat or what movie they want to watch they want the girl to give them a genuine answer and not shit like that." She said, putting the remote down on my chest and crossing her arms. I laughed. "How would you know? You're a girl." I said as I took the remote in my hand. "I'm not stupid." She said, elbowing me in the side. "If you say so." I mumbled, staring into her green eyes. I smiled before kissing her. And once she kissed back, I was instantly happy. Well I already was happy, now just happier.

*Mackenzie's POV*

•••

"Wake up." I heard a voice whispering in my ear. I cuddled further into my blanket, if that was possible. "Mackenzie..." They said again. "Fuck off." I mumbled. "It's me." They said again. I now recognized it as Simon. "I don't care." I said, keeping my eyes shut. He laughed lightly. "Me, Vik, and Josh are leaving so you'll be home alone." He said, his hand on my arm. I raised my hand out from under my blanket and gave him a wave. He laughed again. "I'm joking. You're coming with us." He said. I groaned as I finally opened my eyes. "Why though?" I asked, stretching. "Because while we are at a book meeting and signing shit you are going to have a girl's day with the other girls." He said, sitting down beside me on my bed. I sighed, sitting up. "We leave in an hour." He said, patting my leg before standing up and leaving my room. I looked around my room with tired eyes. Simon and I have been good. Well it's only been a week since our last date. We might as well be a couple is what everyone else says. We flirt all the time according to them. I got out of bed slowly and went to my closet, deciding on not getting overdressed and just wearing some black skinny jeans and an oversized black and white 'Sidemen' hoodie. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth quickly, all the while hoping today would just be a relaxing day, something we all needed.