V

"Bye Josh!" Harry said before shutting the car door. Now, it was just me, Simon, Vik, and Josh alone in the parking lot of Nando's. I still can't believe I'll be living with some of my idols. I also can't believe I'm still anxious around them. "Ready to go home?" Josh asked as he shut his door. Home. Wow. I nodded in response as Simon and Vik climbed in the front seats of the car. "So is the dog like house trained and everything?" Vik asked. "Yeah." I said quietly. "Is he going to stay by your side at all times?" Simon asked. "Because I might want to spend time with him too." He added. I giggled lightly. "Once he warms up to everyone and realizes that this is where home is now, he'll be more playful and stuff." I said. "Yeah. Right now he's on duty. That's why he barked at you, Simon." Josh said, saving me. I mentally thanked him. They continued talking about the dog as I stared out the window. Fifteen minutes later, we pulled into a driveway. I slung my backpack with the little things I had with me, the necessities, over my shoulder as I hopped out of the car, pulling Ranger's leash with me. He hopped out, immediately beginning to walk towards the house. I followed the guys up the pathway and up the steps to the front door. Simon unlocked it and sighed as he took a step in. "Welcome to your new home!" Josh said as I stepped inside, shutting the door behind me. "Tour?" Simon asked. "Sure." I said, smiling. We walked around the house for about five minutes before he finally said, "And this is your room." I smiled as he opened the door for me. "Thanks for the tour." I said, taking a step inside. I looked around the room. It was really nice. It was big, but not quite as big as my room in Texas. (Imagine Simon's room. Without the setup and stuff. And some icicle fairy lights around the whole room.) I think the lights is what brought it all together. "Like it?" Vik's voice came from behind me. It made me jump lightly. I thought I was alone. I turned around, smiling at them. "I love it. Thank you guys." I said, taking off my backpack and placing it on the bed. "I'll go get you some pajamas." Simon said, disappearing. "I'm going to go edit. Goodnight." Vik said, smiling. "Night." I waved at him before he turned around and walked away. Only Josh remained. "You're not doing bad. Just so you know." He said. "Thanks." I smiled. "The guys love you. So don't worry about that." He said. I nodded in response. "I'm going to go let him outside in the backyard. Is that okay?" I asked Josh, nodding towards Ranger. "Of course." He said, nodding. I bent down and I clipped his leash from his collar. I then slipped his vest off of him, so he only had a collar on. He wagged his tail and licked my face. "Ranger. Outside." I said. He immediately walked out of the room and towards the stairs. I followed him. He found his way to the backdoor and I opened it for him and let him out. The backyard had a big fence around it so I just left him out there while I went back upstairs. When I reached my room again, Simon was there, placing some clothes on my bed. His head shot up and looked at me when I entered. "Thanks." I said, looking at the clothes. "That's alright. Would you like to go get some dog food with me before you go to sleep?" He asked. I hadn't actually planned on going to sleep just yet anyways. I would probably get on my phone for at least an hour, as it was only 9 PM. "Umm sure." I said, nodding. "It's okay if you don't want to go. You must be a little tired." He said. "No I'll go. I'm not that tired." I said, taking a step towards him. He smiled and nodded, walking out of the room and down the stairs. I followed him all the way to his car. I got in on the passenger side, which kind of fucked with my brain. After a few minutes of driving in silence, he spoke up. "So, what triggers your anxiety? If you don't mind me asking." He said. "It's fine. It's actually social anxiety. So basically any social interactions freak me out." I said quietly. He stayed quiet for a moment. "That explains a lot. Already." He said, laughing lightly. I nodded in response.

•••

"I can pay you back after my bank transfer, Simon." I said as we walked through the store. There weren't many people here, which was understandable. "I insist." He said for the hundredth time. I sighed in defeat. "Can I ask you something?" He asked as he made a sharp right down one of the aisles. "Sure." I said, nodding. "Do I make you nervous?" He asked. I looked at my feet. "Well all people make me nervous. Not so much you and the rest of the Sidemen. Mostly because I've watched you guys on YouTube for a while. And partly because I know that one day I'll have to get used to you guys." I said. I heard a catcall behind me, and didn't even dare turn my head around. Simon stopped walking though. So I did too. Simon and I were the only people on the aisle besides a boy that looked about Simon's age. I saw him when we passed him. Simon continued walking, faster now. He threw his arm around my shoulders. I didn't protest, but it made me a bit uncomfortable. "I'm sorry." He muttered as we continued walking with his arm around me. I didn't say anything and just kept my eyes on the ground. Once we turned off of that aisle, Simon looked behind us and then removed his arm. "Thanks." I said quietly. "No problem." He said, smiling at me. Simon would probably be the next one I got used to the fastest, besides Josh. Hopefully.