XXIV

*Simon's POV*

      "Ethan, we have a huge announcement." Josh said. We were recording Golf With Friends. It was me, Josh, Vik, and Ethan in the call. I was confused myself what this announcement was. "Simon got himself a date tomorrow." Vik answered. I felt my face go warm and I avoided looking at the facecam. "Who is it?!" Ethan yelled excitedly. "We can't say." I answered for them, knowing they would tell if I didn't. "You'll have to tell me off camera then." Ethan said. Before anyone could reply, he began to rage. "Fuck this game! That is bullshit!" He yelled angrily. We just laughed. It was nice to have something to take my mind off of my nervousness for tomorrow.

*Mackenzie's POV*

•••

     I looked at myself in the mirror one last time, smiling. This was it. This was my very first date. I was pleased with my outfit, surprisingly.

 Then, there was a knock on my door

Then, there was a knock on my door. I slid my phone in my back pocket before opening it quickly. Simon smiled down at me. "Are we ready?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. We made our way down the stairs and he paused at the front door. "We're leaving!" He yelled up the stairs. We waited for a response before actually leaving. "Have fun!" Vik yelled. "But not too much fun!" Josh added. I giggled and Simon opened the door for me. I gave him a smile as a thanks and made my way over to his Range Rover in the night air. We decided on a late movie, just because. I didn't know what we were watching, but he told me not to worry about it. After the movies, we were going to Nando's. I climbed in the passenger seat and he got in the driver seat. "You look great by the way." He said as he put his glasses on. "I literally wore this like two days ago to the movie set." I said. "And?" He asked. I laughed lightly. "Nothing I guess. Thanks." I said, smiling. I didn't feel nervous. I felt excited more than anything. "Guess what movie we're watching." Simon said once we got out of the driveway and were on our way to the city. "I beg not a scary movie." I said, keeping my eyes straight ahead. He was quiet. "Seriously?" I asked, looking at him, unamused. He laughed. "Listen. My logic behind this was that since you can put all of that really scary makeup on your face without a problem then you can handle a scary movie." He said. "Really? That's your logic?" I asked. He sighed. "And you know all of those first date clichés where you go watch a scary movie." He shrugged. My heart skipped a beat when he said 'date'. It still felt all too good to be true. "Looks like I am sleeping with the lights on then." I said, giggling to myself. "Funny you say that because the name of the film is actually 'Lights Out'." He said as he made a right turn. "Oh man I've seen advertisements for that movie! It's going to be scary as fuck." I said. "Looks like you'll have to sleep with me then." He said. I looked over at him, my face unamused. He winked at me, looking back at the road. "I want to be mad but that was really smooth." I said, nodding. "Of course it was. I said it. And I'm the smoothest man alive." He said cockily. I just smiled as I looked out the windshield in front of me. This date was going to be so much fun.

•••

     "And that's why I am still single." I said, smiling at Simon. We were at Nando's just talking about ourselves. Mostly our personal lives. I had told him that during school I was bullied. No one wanted to hang out or talk to the 'Nerd'. It was hard always being the youngest in your grade by a couple of years. I explained to him that when I graduated, I stayed home most of the time, not having anywhere to go with anyone, so I couldn't go out and meet a potential boyfriend anyways. "So this is your first date?" He asked. "That is correct." I said, nodding as I took a sip of my drink. He rubbed his hands together excitedly. "Well this is the most fun date I've ever been on. I wish this could've been my first date." He said, smiling at me. "Remember that Nando's I bought you for walking with me to hatch that 10K egg?" I asked. It was only like two days ago, so he should've remembered. He nodded. "Thanks for that back." I said, nodding. "Who said I was paying for this?" He asked. "Well my wallet is in your car and since you went with the movie cliché it only makes sense you go with this one as well." I said. "You got me there." He said, pointing at me. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I reached for it. It was a text from Josh.

Josh:
So how's it going? 😏😉

I sighed and placed my phone on the table beside my empty plate, ignoring him. "Who is it?" Simon asked. "Josh being nosy." I shrugged. He sighed. "As much as I wish this date could last forever, it's getting a bit late. We should probably get going." Simon said, standing up. He got money out and left it on the table for the bill. I grabbed my phone and walked beside him to the doors. He slung his arm over my shoulders. "I had fun tonight. Even if I had to watch that horrifying movie. (I haven't actually seen it. So I don't actually know if it's horrifying or not.) Thank you, Simon." I said, smiling at my feet. "It was my pleasure." He said. "Never took you as the cheesy romantic type." I said, nudging him with my elbow. He shrugged. "There's a lot you don't know about me." He said as we finally reached the doors of the restaurant. He opened the door for me and let me out, immediately placing his arm over my shoulders once he caught up. The night air was warm and fresh, making me smile. "And by that I mean you know basically everything about me." He added to his previous statement as we walked in the parking lot. I giggled in response. We finally reached his car and he opened the door for me and jogged over to his side once I was safely inside. The ride home was silent. A comfortable silence. Both of us just thinking about what a nice date it had been.

A/N
The first chapter I uploaded today I uploaded at midnight and now it's been like nineteen hours since then so I don't even know if this counts as a double update even though I usually call it that. So, double update today I guess. I have so many chapters prewritten and I'm so so excited to see what y'all think I just can't contain my excitement to publish them. And I may or may not (probably will) have a chapter tomorrow because I'm kind of busy but not really. Anyways, thanks for listening to me ramble. And I hope you all have/had an awesome day!

See ya! x