XXXVIII

Me and the rest of the girls where walking around Westfield and trying to agree on something to eat. They had done some shopping, but I hadn't bought anything. I just didn't see anything I wanted. "You should dye your hair." Emily said, appearing beside me and running a hand through my hair. I pulled away from her touch, laughing lightly. "Really?" I asked with a raised eyebrow at her. "Blue." Another voice on the other side of me said. I looked over to see Katie smiling at me. "Like blue ends or streaks or like straight up blue?" I asked. "Are you actually considering it?" Sarah asked. I shrugged. "It's just hair. If I don't like it I can dye it back." I said, trying to imagine myself with blue hair. "I say blue ombré. That would be adorable." Freya said, also picking up my hair in her hands as we walked. "We can do that after we eat if you'd like. The guys will be signing books all day." Kay said. "Guess I'm getting blue hair." I smiled. The girls clapped. "I'm surprised you were so easily convinced. What if Simon hates it?" Katie asked. "It's not Simon's hair." I smirked with a shrug. They laughed. "Sassy. I like it." Emily said, pushing me lightly. I laughed. Guess I'll have blue hair now.

•••

     Me and the rest of the girls finally reached the big building where the guys where. The woman that dyed my hair also curled it really pretty but I put my hood on so I could surprise the guys. Simon mainly. I honestly wasn't worried about if they liked it or not, because I liked it. And that's all that mattered. I opened the door to the room they had last said their goodbyes to us in and they all looked up from the big table. I saw a big pile of already signed things and another big pile of sharpies. And some even still in packages. "Wow. You guys have been working." I said, sitting down at the end of the table in the only empty seat. "Why do you look like a gangster?" Tobi asked. Sarah walked behind me and yanked the hood off of my head. The room went silent.

"That's what took you guys so long! I was thinking there was no way in hell you lot could shop for seven hours

"That's what took you guys so long! I was thinking there was no way in hell you lot could shop for seven hours." Ethan broke the silence, laughing. "Yeah well we thought she would look good with blue hair. And she does." Emily said, making her way to Ethan's lap. "Yeah." The rest of the girls said in unison. Tobi, who was the closest to me, picked up a strand of my hair. "Wow." He said, leaning back in his chair. "You let them talk you into doing this?" JJ asked. I smiled and nodded. "It didn't take much convincing. We literally said she should dye her hair blue and she was like 'Okay cool.'" Freya said, smiling at me. "I'm calling you Blue from now on." Simon said. I looked over at him to see him already staring at me, smiling. I shrugged. "Whatever you want." I said. I was kind of glad that he liked it. I mean, come on, it's Simon Minter. Who wouldn't want him to like them?

•••

     "Blue!" I heard Simon yell. I sighed at his nickname for me as I stood up and walked out of my room and into his. He sat in his chair, holding my phone in his hands. "Why do you have my phone and why am I just realizing you have my phone?" I asked the second question more to myself than him. He didn't answer, he just showed me the screen. "Why do you have this?" He asked, laughing. It was an edit that a fan made of us. It was adorable. I shrugged. "It's cute." I said, reaching for my phone. "Give me yours then." I said, grabbing his phone off of his desk. He didn't protest, so I began going through his pictures like he was going through mine. While I was on his phone, it vibrated. I looked as the text popped up at the top of the screen. The name was 'Little Blue 💙' I looked at him with a straight face. "I'm not little, first of all. And second of all, a heart? That means I'm special." I said, pushing his shoulder. I sat down in his spare chair, which was away from him a little. "I'm changing my name in your phone." He said. I sighed in response, looking back to his phone. I decided to check out his Twitter next. Maybe tweet something. I bit my lip as my thumbs hovered over the keyboard. I smiled at the thought that popped into my mind. I simply tweeted, 'I love you...'  And that was it. It would give something for the fans to wonder about. I guess the notification came up on my phone because once I tweeted it, he looked at me. "Twitter is off limits." He said, smiling. "Says who?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He put my phone down on his desk and held his hand out, telling me to hand him his phone. I locked his phone, hugging to my chest before standing up and running out of the room. "Mackenzie!" He yelled. I could tell he was chasing me down the stairs and I laughed once his arms wrapped around my waist and he threw me over his shoulder so I was upside down. "How do you run so fast?" I asked, laughing as he carried me to the living room. He threw me down on the couch and I never stopped giggling. "My legs are the length of your entire body." He said, leaning over me. I smiled in response seeing as I lost the ability to form words as I got lost in his eyes. He bent down and quickly closed the gap between us, placing his lips softly on mine. Before I lived here and before I knew I was related to Josh, I always wondered what it would be like to kiss Simon. That sounds like I'm a stalker, but oh well. It's the truth. And never in a million years would I ever think I would actually find out what it was like to kiss Simon Minter. But somehow, I did. And I couldn't be happier because of that. "Why don't you two just fuck already?" A voice from the doorway made us pull away from each other so that Simon was sitting beside me on the edge of the couch I was laying on. It was Josh. "You cannot keep saying that." Simon complained, rolling his eyes. "And you two can't keep making out everyday without being a couple. Okay bye." He said quickly before leaving. I giggled, sitting up. "He's not wrong you know." Simon said. I looked at him from my legs awkwardly. I shrugged. He smiled. "Blue, don't even try and reject the name, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. Happiness and a whole bunch of feelings fluttered through me as I smiled and nodded, accepting the offer. He smiled and closed the space between us again, kissing me. I was extremely happy at this moment. Happier than I had ever been. A year ago, I was so depressed all of the time and if someone told me that everything would be okay, I wouldn't believe them. Because I believed that it was inevitable for me to be sad all of the time. To just be a sad, useless, pathetic person. But look at me now. I now know that happiness is inevitable, if you choose it. And I know that love is inevitable and I know that heartbreak is also inevitable. And I know that moving on from negative feelings can be so easy if you just choose happiness. I learned all of these things in just three months. And I'm glad I did.

A/N
Finally, Kenzie got her shit together and made Mackenzie and Simon a couple. Am I right? Hope you all have/had a great day!!

See ya! x