044

Shanny

"Okay guys we have to induce her labor now, she has to much internal bleeding for the baby to stay inside of her. Get her family out of the waiting room. Shantel? Shantel can you hear me? It's time to have your baby" I cringed at the bright light above me. My left shoulder hurt so had I didn't even wanna look at it. I got nervous when I heard the nurse say It was time to have the baby. "Jace! Cash!? My Mom No! I can't do it right now! I need Jace! I need my brother!" I barely got out & I tried to sit up but the agonizing pain coming from my shoulder stopped me and I winced and screamed in pain.

"Shantel, your family is down stairs they are on the way up OK, relax hun. Be easy on your shou-"

"Where is Zena?!"

"Shanny baby!" I looked at the door and saw my mom and Jace running in. Her makeup was running down her face and Jaces eyes were damn near blood shot red. "No! I can't do it, I'm scared! I'm not ready! Where is Cash?! I need Cash! I can't do this without Cash, ma where is Cash?!" I cried out and started panicking. I've been through everything with my brother since I was born, I always knew I wanted him with me in the delivery room, no questions. I've expressed this to him multiple times but who knew I would go into labor like this? My ideal labor has always been my brother, my man of course and my mom. My mom only became part of it recently, when I was a teenager I had already lost hope of her being clean and by my side so it was always Sunny or Kia. Baby daddy and bestie can be all up in my Kool-Aid, letting me know what's going on, and Cash can be up there with me of course, keeping me sane. Perfect. Jace grabbed my hand and my mom took my other one.

"He's on his way on is way baby, he was far out so he's coming as fast as he can" My mom rubbed my back.

"Shanny. I know your scared, that's why we're here with you. Now, I need you to calm down and take deep breaths, your raising your heart rate and I need you to be relaxed, okay? Try to calm down for me"

"I'm in pain! Everywhere! My head is bleeding and throbbing! My shoulder-I don't know what to do!" I cried out again and started hyperventilating.

I was definitely listening to her and tried to calm down the best I could but I couldn't help it I was in so much pain, my mind was all over the place, partly confused, I wanted to know where my cousin was.

"Ok Shantel, We have induced you. Your gonna start to feel contractions in a few minutes." I squeezed Jaces' hand.

"You got this, aight baby girl? Slow and steady. I'm right here ok? He said in my ear before he kissed and rubbed the back of my hand. "Jace my shoulder!" I cried into the pillow beside me.

I shortly started sweating and feeling pressure on my pelvic bone. "Mmm." I let out a grunt at the pain.

"Shanny, you can relax right now ok? We don't need you to start pushing until your about 9 cm dilated."

"How the hell am I supposed to relax feeling like this?" I snapped. I have never been so hot and uncomfortable in my life. My shoulder was throbbing and I could see blood seeping into the hospital gown from the corner out of my eye.

*

After 3 hours of on going, and the most agonizing labor I could image, I knew it was over when I heard a little cry and Jaces' facial expression went from trying not to pass out to a peaceful gaze.

"Well aren't you pretty. Geez look at all that hair! She's here!" The doctor said.

"You did it Shanny!" My mom kissed my forehead while she was crying. "Let me see her! I wanna see her!" I knew better than to try and sit up. I've been moving so much the blood was all over my bed and through the extra bandages on my shoulder. I still have no clue of what happen to it.