016

Jace

"Nigga been ghost ever since, I'm tellin you. I'm back on it as soon as I get home, he can't hide forever.

"You know I spoke to that nigga 1 on 1 when they first broke up, what the fuck he don't understand about me saying stay the fuck away from my sister? He thought since I was locked up that shit changed?" Cash shook his head. "I ont' even know man, but I know one thing he ain't leaving Chicago, & he definitely been back in his house since I been there so I know he probably got a chip on his shoulder, shit he might even just come lookin' for me and save me the trouble of finding his scary ass!" We laughed. "I don't think that nigga ain't that crazy."

"On some serious shit, I'm fucking up with my sister. I gotta talk to her again, make sure she know she always got a choice and she come before anything and anybody. I ain't mean to make her feel like she had to like.. wait on me hand and foot & shit. She should know better then that but I guess it's my fault. I haven't been talkin' to her as much as usual the last month. Shit been kinda tight & hectic in this mothafucka' since a C.O got put down. I mean, I live comfortable period but these niggas in here get bitchy like it's that time of the month when they can't get they shit when they want it." He lifted up his hand and showed me his busted up knuckles. "Fuckin' Coke head really tried that shit yesterday and got his fuckin' skull split, came poppin' shit about he tired of waitin', nigga you and everybody else in this bitch. Blame the niggas that put that knife in that CO!"

"Damn Bro, I feel you, it be like that sometimes, gotta show em' better than you can tell em." I wasn't even gonna ask or wonder how the fuck he killed a nigga and ain't in the box on lockdown right now, that's Cash for you. "How Nico doing?" I exhaled. "Man, as good as he can get right now. Waiting on him to wake up from this coma before we know anything for certain." I shrugged. "Yo, you know you got my jack number If you ever needa talk nigga. I know you. It's a lot more on your mind then what come out your mouth. I know ain't there physically right now but a nigga always one call away for my dawg, I love you both" he dapped me up and hugged me. I know he meant every word. Cash and Jesus, only niggas on earth I trust with my life. "No doubt. Same here my dawg, you know that number, it ain't changin. I love you too." We let go from the embrace & checked my phone that buzzed off in my pocket. The text kinda caught me off guard.

Shanny: Babyyyy

Shanny: Jaceeeee

- wassup? I'm at the pin wit' cash right now.

Shanny: I miss you baby.

Shanny: Daddy

Shanny: how much fun we had in Miami?

Ain't no way. I locked my phone and put it back in my pocket and finished talking to Cash. "She with that nigga Ghost! Watch that nigga DJ forreal, don't let that nigga hurt my sister all that shit she talk about him treating her good and shit is for the birds you know how I am about baby sis, I mean Ghost a cool dude but that's it." I nodded. We chopped it up a little longer before our time was up. We said our goodbyes and I was out of there.

I pulled out the prison in my rented Audi and headed back to my room. I called Shanny to see what was up wit' all that earlier.

"Hello?" She sniffled, catching me off guard. "Hold up, what's wrong with you shawty? You was damn sure aight a half hour ago." I turned on my blinker and turned onto the highway. "What are you talking about Jace, I been crying since last night. I'm fucked up right now, shit just keeps happening to me! Ace showed up at my house yesterday freaking out and put a gun in my face and he shot Gio and Gio shot him. Right in my fucking living room. I'm just.. shooken up right now. People been calling and texting me all day you the only one I answered." She caught her breath, honestly she lost me a while ago when she said that nigga had a gun in her face.