XIII

Alice's POV

Peyton seemed to be angry. I thought for the first half hour or so that he was just different because he was in his Alpha role, training and pushing the pack to work harder. But looks were being exchanged around me that told me that wasn't the case. 

Not to mention his mental wall was higher than normal, and I could still sense his anger.

He seemed to be pushing them harder today, but it wasn't anything like what I was used to. It was different in every sense. 

I trained for endurance and strength and then still continued to keep up form and perfecting my movements.

He seemed to train mostly on strength. But it was a nice change. It took a fair effort to keep up, like an easy challenge.

After an hour of training the women began to slow. That passed half hour ago. A few continued to keep up, moving with the rest of us. They were the same few that ran together, and hung out by the creek. I think they were training themselves, or trying to. But I had only seen them a few times when I had been scoping out the land when I first moved here.

"Alpha?" One woman said, her breathing laboured. They always spoke to him using honorifics. Not once had I heard his given name.

"What?" He snapped, his eyes hard and focused solely on her.

She flinched slightly before opening her mouth only to shut it again. Then she glanced around, "Never mind."

"Were you glancing to the clock?"

She hesitated before nodding. She seemed flimsy. Scouring at his look alone. Was the whole pack like that?

He opened his mouth and I knew he was going to tell her off. But it wasn't her fault. 

Don't punish them for what I said. I sent him quickly.

His eyes snapped to me, It's not punishment. Punishment is being killed by a rogue because they were too weak to defend themselves.

That's suffering. This is punishment. 

His eyes stayed on mine. You were the one that told me I was weakening my pack.

I exhaled slightly, clenching my jaw, No, I asked whether you gave them the option to train longer. 

None of them will agree to that. I had to force the wolves for goodness sake to train longer.

Eyes were starting to find me amongst everyone at the back since he was staring at me pointedly. And it took time. Not all in one day. So why would you make the women?

The she-wolves need to train-

Yesterday you didn't think so.

Do you have a point or are you just fucking with me?

Peyton, you slowly built up the males to what they are now. The she-wolves should get the option to do the same thing.

There seemed to be a silence that hung in the air. Eyes flickered between us and whispers went around at who I was.

I could feel his internal battle occurring in his mind.

I don't have time to do that. If you think it's not fair to do it all at once then they don't get to be trained properly. This is tradition, it's been happening for as long as wolves have been around.

Some traditions have to change. I said calmly. I wasn't trying to anger him. Wolves were just extremely sexist. That was the first thing I had noticed.