L

Peyton's POV

I watched my mate cross the lawn, helping set up tables and games, and nodded along with whatever Adrian was saying to some of the guys.

She lightly punched Wyatt on the arm and they both laughed. She was beautiful. Her hair was loose, flowing around her as she flitted from one group to another, answering questions and helping with whatever was needed.

"Okay, speaking of mates, I'm being summoned. But, congratulations again, Beta." Derrell said to Adrian.

A few other guys left and Adrian came up beside me. "So?" He asked.

"Everything looks just about ready to go for the party."

He nodded, "Luna is really good at finding people's strong suits and giving them control to do what's best, and somehow bringing it all together."

I nodded, "She definitely is."

"Natural leader." Adrian said.

"She definitely is."

"And you two are good?"

"I don't think I'm a fair judge of that." I replied. We had definitely made good progress over the last month. We still argued about plans for fighting or pack issues, especially before her third mission last week, but she kept surprising me in small ways. Great ways.

"Well, I would never ask Luna about you two unless I wanted a black eye, and you're the only other one in the mating."

I nodded, "Well, apparently Paige is the best person to ask."

"She's pretty great at that stuff. A good balance of Luna's you have there."

They were both not afraid to call me on my shit, and they wouldn't back down on some topics, but Paige was definitely stronger in emotional pack issues, and Alice was much stronger in literally any other area. Although neither of them had any interest in pups.

"Yeah. I think they work well together. I appreciate Laura keeping up with the pups."

"Oh yeah, she loves it. I think she was sad you mated because she was worried she'd lose it. So I'm glad that worked out."

I nodded, "I hope she's planning on stepping back, yourself too, when the next little Beta comes along."

"Oh yeah, Alice and Paige have already spoken to her."

I turned toward him, "Really?"

He shrugged, "That was my reaction. But Laura said they'd started discussing it and they'd ensure she had all the time off she wanted and that the staff would be supported."

I nodded again, slower, "Good. I'm glad they're working it out."

"You look shocked as hell."

"I mean, I didn't think either were interested in taking it over. But like you said, Alice is great at finding a way to make a group of people come together and have everything run smoothly."

He nodded, "Yeah. She hasn't been able to take much time off with the last ones," he held his hands up, "Neither of us are complaining, it all worked out and the pack is good, but if we could this time, we would appreciate it."

"We'll make sure you can."

"Thanks, Alpha."

"Well, I shouldn't keep you in here talking to me, when the whole pack is out there getting ready to celebrate you."

He chuckled, "It's my pup too, and I do as much as I can for my mate and kids, but we all know this party is for my mate. As it should be. But yes, I should make an appearance."